Volkszone Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
10,676 Posts
pip999 said:
ok so what is firefox and where does one get it... why is it so good ? xxx
Download link for firefox >> http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/

It just is better all round. :) Its another web browser (like internet explorer) but it works a lot better mostly. You dont have to uninstall IE to run it (infact thats quite difficult to do) , you can just use it instead of internet explorer. I would recommend you try it at least. :)

On the IE7 question , have used the beta and now have the latest release , i still dont like IE though.

·
Registered
709 Posts
I agree. have used both and defentally recommend firefox. Main reason I prefer it is because it seem much faster than IE7

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
am now tryin firefox cos of this thread, seems a lot quicker than IE6 so far, and you can download a spell checker for it. quality

·
Registered
14,781 Posts
yellow_spider said:
So just out of interest...

Is there anyone who has got firefox installed but mainly prefers to use IE instead ? :)
I prefer to use Opera than either of those. :p

I have to use IE occasionally and to be fair,it is a lot faster and more secure than previous versions.

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
I have been using Avant browser for about 2 years now.
I downloaded Firefox 2 last night funnily enough just for a flash downloader add on :D

·
Registered
285 Posts
yellow_spider said:
So just out of interest...

Is there anyone who has got firefox installed but mainly prefers to use IE instead ? :)
Aye - for the casual user IE is fine - the security thing about IE is largely all talk and no trousers, esp later versions - Mozilla equally good tho - I personally dont like the way firefox loads images and need to use a lot of MS sites for work so I use IE7, as it integrates better - but thats just my daft preference

Then again, some folk like jellied eels too

1 - 18 of 18 Posts