And can you all understand me ?

I dont use a spell cheker cos i want to try to come accross as myself

Should i spell chek or should i not

I would like to now

:hangloose

·
Registered
8,218 Posts
Some would argue, that your spelling makes your posts difficult to read.

IMO, spelling makes little difference, but lack of correct punctuation causes more problems, as it has more of an effect on the post.

·
Banned
18,444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
BeeBug said:
tbh, till you did yr am i dyslexic thingy, i'd never even noticed yr spelling :coffeecup
I dont think that i am now just, untort
:eek:

The dsyexic thing was someone sujesting that i might be but i think this is an excuse

·
Registered
1,475 Posts
If you want to come across as your self bad spelling and all, does that mean that when you speak it all comes out as broken biscuits too ? :incheek:

But then again given your username, it might not be surprising :D

P.S. can't spell for shit myself either :crazy:

·
Registered
897 Posts
me neither. tbh, my spelling can be pretty poor at times. well, often actually...

·
Registered
5,374 Posts
DRUNKENBUM said:
Just been thinking :coffeecup

Does my spelling make me come accross as a numpty :crazy:

I would like to now

I think you should use it - for two reasons.

Firstly, posts full of spelling mistakes are sometimes annoying to read, and can make people look like 'numpties' when in fact they are intelligent and just struggle with spelling.

Secondly, if you use a spell check often enough, you may find your spelling improving ;)

Just my opinion :)

·
Seasoned Chat Slut
2,340 Posts
DESIGN7O said:

Firstly, posts full of spelling mistakes are sometimes annoying to read, and can make people look like 'numpties' when in fact they are intelligent and just struggle with spelling.

Secondly, if you use a spell check often enough, you may find your spelling improving ;)

I totally agree :)

·
snide twat
39,983 Posts
DESIGN7O said:

I agree.

·
Banned
12,512 Posts
DESIGN7O said:

Yep. There's no harm in trying to improve yourself. :)

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
DESIGN7O said:

Or conversely, using a spell checker makes you concentrate less, knowing that it will pick up any mistakes...

Personally I would use the spell check - I have all emails set for autospell check before sending, and when Firefox 2 comes along, it will be a godsend on places like this!

·
Registered
1,475 Posts
sleepflower said:
Or conversely, using a spell checker makes you concentrate less, knowing that it will pick up any mistakes...

Personally I would use the spell check - I have all emails set for autospell check before sending, and when Firefox 2 comes along, it will be a godsend on places like this!
Does it still have Clint Eastwood in it ? :D

·
Registered
4,712 Posts
spiny said:
Is there a spell checker??? i thought it dissapeared when we changed about 2 years ago the the new volkszone.

And it wouldn't matter to me how often i use a spell check it will not help me.

·
Registered
31,322 Posts
DRUNKENBUM said:
Just been thinking :coffeecup

Does my spelling make me come accross as a numpty :crazy:

I would like to now

Lately, you seem to be drawing emphasis towards your spelling and associated matters. I never concerned myself with your spelling, but now, I'm concerned you are drawing attention to yourself.

For the sake of communication, I would just concentrate on enjoying communication. As a side issue, instead of spending time drawing attention to what you feel is an issue, instead, try and do something about it by either reading, or observing other people's good points and bad points. Don't worry about what other people think. If people are bothered, it's their problem, not yours. Just concentrate on having a blast, and having a go at learning where you can.. Maybe keep a dictionary on your desk, write a diary, and read books you're interested in...

1 - 20 of 23 Posts