Volkszone Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know a quick and painfree way of fitting the chrome look plastic trim into WCM window rubbers? I have just spent the last two hours fitting the rubbers to the windows and getting one trim in and i have RSI in my thumbs and blisters!!!

Thanks in advance....

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have all the rubbers onto the glass... Its just the threading of the chrome trim into the slot that i am having problems with...

·
Registered
518 Posts
There's a tool you can buy to help fit it for bout £25 buff. i didn't think it was worth spending that money on a tool you may only use once. I just slid a small screw driver infront of the trim then pushed it in as I went along. the long and short is... No easy way! its just a bitch of a job!

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
25 notes... I'd rather suffer with the arthritic pain and suffering in my fingers and thumbs!

·
I'm not an addict... honest!
4,978 Posts
£19 at frost (+p&p though)

looks like its something you could make out of an old file handle and some stiff wire though

:)

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
<snip> "looks like its something you could make out of an old file handle and some stiff wire though" <snip>
Thanks for that Forsh...Im gonna have a go at fashioning something like that... Got myself a file handle and some old stiff wire, all I need now is the A-team as they seemed to be able to make anything out of nothing!!

·
Registered
6,413 Posts
under the roller in the foto is a diamond shaped prong - opens up the groove.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts