Volkszone Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6,825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
and is it as pants as mine, eclipse has been up and down more times than a cheap whores drawers, even thought about going back to dial-up to achieve a speed greater than 4kb, according to them a lot of ISP's have been hit with this

"30 Aug 2006 at 09:45:20
As a result of national issues within our Wholesale Supplier's Repair Operation we are currently noticing severe impact on the time taken to resolve physical connection faults. We are working closely with our Supplier to keep abreast of the impact and performance recovery.
19 Sep 2006 at 14:38:10
We are sorry that Eclipse customers are currently experiencing delays in the repair of reported physical connection faults. These are a result of resourcing shortages and other operational problems within BT Openreach, through which we provide the majority of our broadband services.

We would like to reassure you that this issue does not reflect our usual high standards of customer service and that it is not specific to Eclipse - other ISPs are being affected in the same way, including many who use local loop unbundling.

We are working closely with BT to try to minimise the impact of these issues on our customers. We apologise for any inconvenience these delays may cause.

Thank you for your patience and understanding "

harse

:moon:

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
i left eclipse about 3 months ago now and it seems like a good decision to do so at that time.

They cut me off on a saturday morning with no notification, then said i couldnt get reconnected till the monday when the sales dept was open.

i called on the monday and they had been hit with a HUGE power surge and all their internal systems were down (they were using pens and paper for everything)

they said they couldnt re-up my service until the computers were back on...and then it would take another 5 days once they had inititaed it!

the computers werent functional till the following thursday!!

by this time i had called ntHell and had them come install a 4mb line

eventually when eclipse did get their shit together they tried to put me on a 12 month contract with restricted use.. i told them to forget it and have stayed with ntl.

as a freelance/work from home web designer you can imagine how much disruption this had on business. eclipse really didnt seem to care.

·
Registered
21,202 Posts
mm its easy to blame bt wholesale and openreach isn't it, amount of calls i get at work so and so say its bt's fault so phone them - trouble is 150 gets you to bt retail and if you ain't our customer we can't touch your account no matter what crap your service provider has lied to you about - thats what you pay a service provider to do (sorry bad day at work yesterday)

fact is they are becoming pants. My bro in law who is a genius with 'puters, tinternet and networking (degree, postgrad, professional quals and its his job) has switched from them after having been with them for years. He didn't like that they were changing the terms (bandwith restrictions etc as he is a heavy duty downloader) and he knew that they weren't providing the service like they used to, yet other isp's were just fine. Also he didn't like the fact that they were gonna move the bb over to an LLU provision without even asking him. (LLU- local loop unbundling - basically the line - adsl part in this case, but it can be the full line a la Bulldog and some talk talk customers now - is taken out of the bt (wholesale) exchange and the provider in question or their wholesaler then can place their own equipment on it. This can mean faster speeds, differents services etc - but what it also means is a bloody nightmare when you want to switch providers - no mac codes with llu bb has to be ceased - up to 30 days and then reprovided by the new company. and at work i see more orders failing for people trying to bring their lines back from LLU than anyone else.)

I'm with bt - but then i work for em and the wife does too and she gets a hefty discount.

Personally i'm gonna sit and wait for the next few years until the 21st century network comes on line (first stuff next year then national rollout) - 24 meg bb here we come.....

1 - 3 of 3 Posts