Volkszone Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
walking the black dog
65,372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Yugo factory will today finally shut their gates. :( I've just heard on the radio that Yugo's will be no more.

I've never owned one, or driven one. But their provided much cheap transport to folk in the former Yugoslavia.

So here are some pictures to say farewell.

·
Banned
592 Posts
I had a Zastava, It was an awesome bit of kit. Basic to the extreme but fun

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
Bought one, for my late mum, while in newcastle working. Her fiesta had died & she was skint. Got it from durham auctions I think, it was 10 years ago, Set off south to south wales from tynemouth and soon realised why the oil light didnt work. The rattling-knocking-banging became so loud that even the radio wouldnt mask it. thought it was gonna leave me stranded in the tyne tunnel, it made it as far as durham services The final climb to which had to be done flat out in first to keep the motor running. Got her, just, into the services and found the block had a big hole in the front with half of no3 rod hanging out of it.
It, up to a point, was a lovely car, an 89 '55', in red new tyres, exhaust & mot, all for £160. It was spotless & I was gutted to abandon it there, especially as it had a full tank.
:-(
We had lots of fiat 127s and I though it was a licensed copy, it was not.
Whenever I see one, or hear anyone mention durham services, I have a little weep, Mum would have loved it too. :-(

·
Help! I'm trapped in here
26,331 Posts
Never had one, but I very nearly bought an FSO Polonez years back.
Its a shame when the Little companies go,but to be honest i thought they were long gone anyway during the conflict they had over there

·
Registered
15,612 Posts
mine was a 45 I think it was a tempo, I loved it, when I picked it up it had been sat so long moss was growing on it, charged the battery and it started first time, never let me down :D I miss it in some ways, someone wrote it of by taking the bumper off!) in silverstone :(

1 - 17 of 17 Posts