Volkszone Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
911 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi my betty, starts up fine and goes fine, i ran to nottingham and back last weekend and ever since she keeps cutting out when we have to stop anywhere for too long ie traffic lights and junctions, i thought it was because she was cold but i ran her out this afternoon and she is till doing it, any ideas on what could be wrong would be very greatly recieved (she has just had a tune and the plugs replacing)

many thanks

a complete novice

·
Registered
911 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
smoking

could someone please explain why it is when i start he up first thing she smokes like billy and its really smelly, i know that old cars have these funny sort of habits but an explaination would be good

can anyone help a damsel in distress :)

i bet all the expereinced folks get right pissed orf with all these newcomers that have not got a bloody clue!! i apologise now for being very ignorant .

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
boogiewoogiewoo said:
hi my betty, starts up fine and goes fine, i ran to nottingham and back last weekend and ever since she keeps cutting out when we have to stop anywhere for too long ie traffic lights and junctions, i thought it was because she was cold but i ran her out this afternoon and she is till doing it, any ideas on what could be wrong would be very greatly recieved (she has just had a tune and the plugs replacing)

many thanks

a complete novice
Sounds like carb problem to me - on the right hand side of the carb (normally) there's 2 small hexagonal brass jets (idle jets) carefully unscrew and check for debris in the holes - blow through them. Once certain they're clear replace. If that doesn't work your carb needs setting up air/fuel mixture - this might explain your smoke problem unless yor piston rings are worn!

·
Registered
345 Posts
check the fuel jets in the carb, take them out and clean them... common problem if the carb hasn't been serviced in a while. :)

·
Registered
911 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
could this be also what peeps have replied to on the my bug cuts out thread???

1 - 6 of 6 Posts