Volkszone Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally accomplished my first engine removal and stopped for a bacon butty.

Next trick is to fix it and put it back in :D

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
of course :D

I have to pull out the makeshift heater that has overloaded the engine with oil and pressure, replaced the seals it's brokened in the process.
I'm pleaed with my progress though, wont be too long, but i'm about to find out if i need to order an oil matrix.

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah it did feel good for a while.

Now my mechanical expertise are run dry (I had to go through over a fiver of credit getting advice to get thi far!) and the adrenaline has subsided into a crash. Am I manic depressive or something?

I wonder if I'll ever get the thing finished. It didn't help that the local mechanic on my street came by as I was packing up to slag off my rusty bodywork.

·
Registered
41,019 Posts
Tis a good feeling, Wheeto & I removed his engine with little knowledge between us, was a leaning curve :D getting it back in was far more interesting with probably alot more swearing :lol:

·
Registered
10,098 Posts
benandchris said:
Yeah it did feel good for a while.

Now my mechanical expertise are run dry (I had to go through over a fiver of credit getting advice to get thi far!) and the adrenaline has subsided into a crash. Am I manic depressive or something?

I wonder if I'll ever get the thing finished. It didn't help that the local mechanic on my street came by as I was packing up to slag off my rusty bodywork.
Don't worry about the local mechanic - odds are he doesn't know much about VWs or other old cars?

Anyway, it's how much you enjoy your vehicle not what others think ;)

Good luck with the engine :D I had great fun taking my beetle engine out for the first time.

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
tofufi said:
Anyway, it's how much you enjoy your vehicle not what others think ;)
This is true. I will be lovin' my dub as soon as it's road-ready again. Just up-and-down a lot because it's friggin' cold and I have to cycle to work all over town - 6 weeks it's been off!

·
Registered
4,109 Posts
I looked around and under my friends beetle today, it was very nice indeed! Very uplifting in a 2.3 turbo kind of way! Oh and I did the tracking on it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts