Volkszone Forum banner
1 - 20 of 133 Posts

·
Saddest VZi'er 2009
5,717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:eek: fuck me......i bought a bit of an oddball bug of the ebay,only cos it was cheap really,i didnt actually need it, i knew it was early, but i thought it was possibly an oval, Dan from precious metal delivered it for me today & it turns out its a '49 :eek:

.....and breathe

·
Saddest VZi'er 2009
5,717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ill get some pics, but it no longer has the split window...infact i dont know how much of the body ,if any is original.

ill get some of the paperwork that came with it too

·
Help! I'm trapped in here
52,415 Posts
ill get some pics, but it no longer has the split window...infact i dont know how much of the body ,if any is original.

ill get some of the paperwork that came with it too
It might have had a big window conversion at some point in it's life. My Uncle's '54 Oval had been done. But under £1k for a '49 is an utter steal.

·
Saddest VZi'er 2009
5,717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
does anyone speak german.....what does 'Tag der ersten Zulassung' mean?

im guessing it means date of manufacture as next to it it says 01.07.49

it came with its german papers only as its not been registered over here yet & it has sat in someones garage for atleast 16 years

·
Registered
4,633 Posts
does anyone speak german.....what does 'Tag der ersten Zulassung' mean?

im guessing it means date of manufacture as next to it it says 01.07.49

it came with its german papers only as its not been registered over here yet & it has sat in someones garage for atleast 16 years
day of first admission

best to go and get the vin number off the chassis .

1 - 20 of 133 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.