Volkszone Forum banner

Ive just found a 1949 beetle !!

Tags
nice find
20K views 132 replies 56 participants last post by  fishy 
#1 ·
:eek: fuck me......i bought a bit of an oddball bug of the ebay,only cos it was cheap really,i didnt actually need it, i knew it was early, but i thought it was possibly an oval, Dan from precious metal delivered it for me today & it turns out its a '49 :eek:

.....and breathe

#6 ·
ill get some pics, but it no longer has the split window...infact i dont know how much of the body ,if any is original.

ill get some of the paperwork that came with it too

#16 ·
does anyone speak german.....what does 'Tag der ersten Zulassung' mean?

im guessing it means date of manufacture as next to it it says 01.07.49

it came with its german papers only as its not been registered over here yet & it has sat in someones garage for atleast 16 years

#24 ·

like i said, i dont know if any of the body is original, it obviously has a large rear window ( i can see the welds ) the semaphores have been filled over, ive had a dig & found them underneath.

it also has an oval dash, but with possible signs of welding there too

#41 ·
so if it still has semaphores, and the rear windows been cut and welded, it IS a 49 body, on a 49 pan?? i can see the lights have been changed, what about any other bits? what else is "wrong" ?

#42 ·
im not sure what else is wrong, im going to have a good poke around it tomorrow to see what else i can find out.

im not too bad with early bugs & ovals but anything pre '53 is all new to me so im going to do a bit of homework first so i know what im looking for :)

#48 ·
well, not in its original state, but yeah, parts of one :D would probably get a age related plate cos more than not is original?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.