1 - 20 of 97 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
:D:D:D

Type the word "Coffee" into your browser

200,000,000 sites

Discount Coffee is on page one - up there beside Costa and Starbucks - all day every day ....

Its a tin roofed "shed" in Coatbridge with a sales T/O of only about £2m

..... not my company but what we've got in common is that we are using the same company for our E-commerce activity.

I guess we'll just have to see ???

32,496 Posts
:D:D:D

Type the word "Coffee" into your browser

200,000,000 sites

Discount Coffee is on page one - up there beside Costa and Starbucks - all day every day ....

Its a tin roofed "shed" in Coatbridge with a sales T/O of only about £2m

..... not my company but what we've got in common is that we are using the same company for our E-commerce activity.

I guess we'll just have to see ???
Interesting.

Thats a big chunk of cash to spend on a website, and will require a hefty increase in turnover to justify.

Is your business web based?

And how will you be measuring the increase in sales that the new website produces?

·
Help! I'm trapped in here
26,458 Posts
Interesting.

Thats a big chunk of cash to spend on a website, and will require a hefty increase in turnover to justify.

Is your business web based?

And how will you be measuring the increase in sales that the new website produces?
That was my first thought. £24k is a huge budget for a website in the current climate.

·
Registered
3,499 Posts
not being funny dude but if you put my company name in google you'll come up with a page of stuff to do with my business. This has been done through a yell.com ad for £90 and making sure it stays in the media over the last few years.

Good luck though

·
26,458 Posts
You could also do with your home and category pages carrying 'hero' items - the items you champion to sell more of.

Right now, I just get a list of products and I don't know what to buy.

·
He doesn't fr*ggin' listen!
9,859 Posts
£24K is a lot of money IMHO for SEO, if that's what you have spent it on.

My site has clever use of meta tags and appears at the top of the page in Google when you search for products by some of my suppliers - my site is even ranked higher than some of the manufacturers themselves! I don't need sponsored links or adwords, etc. because if you do a little research and learn how search engines work, you can do the SEO work yourself with great results. I get over 300 hits a day to my site as a result of Google searches. Also, I get a lot of click throughs as a result of images on my site being posted on other forums by other people. There is a lot you can do to improve your rankings which costs virtually nothing.

·
8,212 Posts
£24k would have got you me working exclusively on your site for a solid 6-12 months, you'd have got a website which fitted your requirments for look, feel and usability, it'd be hosted for a year and it'd do exceedingly well on Google and I'd have got he Bing optimisation worked on too ready for when it starts to make waves in a few months.

I hope you're getting a cracking deal out of em Dave.

·
Registered
15,060 Posts
not being funny dude but if you put my company name in google you'll come up with a page of stuff to do with my business.
Most direct searches for company names will bring up the desired company. The point of paying for a keyword is that the end user is looking for the product/service and will then be directed towards the company.

Try searching for your company's product/service instead (no company name in there) and see how you rank. :)

Google (and other search engines) work in 2 ways in terms of highly ranked results - you either build a decent site (understatement), or bribe them. :)

·
26,458 Posts
You could also do with your home and category pages carrying 'hero' items - the items you champion to sell more of.

Right now, I just get a list of products and I don't know what to buy.

·
26,458 Posts
Most direct searches for company names will bring up the desired company. The point of paying for a keyword is that the end user is looking for the product/service and will then be directed towards the company.

Try searching for your company's product/service instead (no company name in there) and see how you rank. :)

Google (and other search engines) work in 2 ways in terms of highly ranked results - you either build a decent site (understatement), or bribe them. :)
I think you've got the SEO fairly bang on, to be fair.

I think the site is quite weak, however.

Sorry - just being honest.

·
He doesn't fr*ggin' listen!
9,859 Posts
Or there is a third way, which I use - get the name out on the web as much as possible so you have links everywhere and Google indexes it according to relevance. The more links there are, the more relevant the site is. This has worked really well for me. I have in excess of 20,000 links to my site all over the web and none of it is spam linking!

1 - 20 of 97 Posts