Volkszone Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well me and Danny dropped my sisters off after doing our charity run and had a humerous tour of London :D When we were driving back he asked me if I wanted a McDonalds, after a bit of umming and ahhing I said yeah and we drove in to Baldock Services off the A1. As wedrove round Dan said "thats Jamie Olivers Bus" my response was like dont be stupid. Well Danny went in to get a McD's and I stayed in the car. After he was out of sight I got out and went to speak to the guys who were with the bus. Got chatting to them and they had brought the Bus Sunday and picked it up yesterday from the Auctions in West London. They were really nice guys but said that they had a problem with a stuck gear, I told them that Dan wouldnt mind having a look when he came out. When Dan came out he called Luke Theocari who I think built the bus? and after getting drenched and filthy under the bus managed to get it driving again so they could drive it back to Darlington and they even let Dan drive it (Ive never seen him so shy). Our McD's was cold but what they hell!!

It was such a fantastic day and this topped it off really. Here are some pics ::

(This was the picture in the window)

·
Registered
975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
He is my boyfriend :p It appeared that he had just been a bit harsh on the gears while getting in reverse, it didnt dampen his spirits though and was still smiling :D

·
Registered
13,310 Posts
funstuie said:
If I paid £41k for a bus and it broke down on the way home I would have been well fucking pissed off.

Nice of you and your mate to help out.
It didnt actually break down as such, he'd just been a bit brutal with the shifter and knocked the ball out of the shift rod.

The van actually drives great :)
I was shitting myself when I drove it. :lol:

·
Registered
4,137 Posts
41K and your taking it to Darlington???
Is that wise?
:incheek: :D
Jas

·
Registered
13,310 Posts
Tdub said:
He is my boyfriend :p It appeared that he had just been a bit harsh on the gears while getting in reverse, it didnt dampen his spirits though and was still smiling :D
He was a proper nice bloke aswell :)

Its his first vw!

what a kool way to start :)

·
He doesn't fr*ggin' listen!
9,857 Posts
Damn.. Baldock services!

I live a stones' throw from there.. My VW storage barn is just up the road opposite the services near the A1!

·
Registered
410 Posts
Ahhhh - Ju's sister came over yesterday & she had been in that Maccy D's and she was telling us about a really cute split she'd just seen....we couldn't place whose it was! :lol:

And as you were that close to us - you should have called in for a cuppa ;)

·
Registered
975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The Original Bug Babe said:
Ahhhh - Ju's sister came over yesterday & she had been in that Maccy D's and she was telling us about a really cute split she'd just seen....we couldn't place whose it was! :lol:

And as you were that close to us - you should have called in for a cuppa ;)
I was actually thinking of Ju tbh, I knew yu didnt live far. I dont have any of your numbers though hun :(

·
Help! I'm trapped in here
26,311 Posts
Cool!...... nice to know its gone to someone who aint afraid to drive it
Cos i did have the feeling it was going to sit in a dusty Museum for the rest of its days

·
Registered
410 Posts
I'll PM them to you :hug: ....Danny has Ju's though :incheek:

Silly thing was, when Becci was trying to describe it the main reason we couldn't work out whose it was was because she said it was really shiny... :lol:

·
Registered
975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Bobster said:
:D

It'll be worth more than the houses !! :incheek:
Dan did actually make a joke saying that they could buy a house where they come from for the price they had paid for the bus :D

·
He doesn't fr*ggin' listen!
9,857 Posts
What time were you there?

I went to the petrol station to fill up at about 3pm on my way back from the barn. I didn't look in the car park though!

·
Registered
760 Posts
and its also that coys bought it off jamie, so he was'nt the one making the money then. wonder how much he sold it to them for! :rolleyes:

·
Registered
549 Posts
another split in darlo? soon there'll be more spilts here than bays :incheek: , hope to see it tear arsing around the town soon though :D

1 - 20 of 38 Posts