Volkszone Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well just been to sign on for the first time in a long time. You just cant beat customer service can you. SOme total tool who looked at me like i had come from under a stone, shes sittin there a high and mighty, wot a complete pratt.
Had no idea what my line of work is or was, and didnt even know wot the North West was, thick cow or wot. Dont get me wrong coz boy did I see some sights but each to there own, and i dont want to be siging on, but JESUS get some staff who care. :mad:

Any one else care to comment, maybe someone who works in the land that time forgot. :mad:

Rant over.

·
Registered
9,068 Posts
Heh, I went to the job centre once in my job search after leaving college. After walking past the Stella drinkers at 9:00am and then being treated like absolute shit by some wanker working there I figured I'd seen enough.

·
Registered
78,060 Posts
I signed on for six or so months after leaving college. This was at the big Job Centre in Lissons Grove in London (I'm sure some of you know it). The staff were always friendly and helpful.

·
Registered
877 Posts
been to sign on today..nice bloke very friendly and helpfull..remembered me from when i first signed on and was a pleasure to meet..
it's like life ain't it..some people are complete and utter window lickers and some people are nice...

·
Registered
777 Posts
i broke me leg bad 18 months ago because im self employed i wasnt intitle to benefit so when i got the ok to work again i went to th job centre and ask could they help me back to work or help me retrain
they told me there was no help in less i had sign on for 6 months
WHAT A JOKE some one willing to work but with help what a system
we live in :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
I worked on the recent redesign of some jobcentres a couple of years ago and had to do loads of surveys in London. Half the staff just waste taxpayers money (like the large majority of the civil servants I've met), with meaningless job titles, that some sub-manager type probably invented to boost morale. Instead, they think it earns them the right to stick their oar into everything and waste my time. The other half are at their wits end from being threatened and physically assaulted by people they're trying to help.

The customers are unbelievable - its so sad to stereotype, but the number of c.hav mums with 5+ kids running riot was laughable. Although the job centre in ealing is an exception - all healthy looking, young, fit, student types, queueing nice and polite - weird!

·
Registered
18,795 Posts
i think they have this idea that if they make you feel like crap, you won't bother going
works for me
last time i went and signed on, they made me feel like the lowest of the low, not something i was overly happy about :mad:
but now if i am out of work i'll live off of my savings while i'm looking for worth rather than go through that again
my cousin on the other hand, i have no idea how the fuck he gets away with it, he's been signing on for the last 20 years
he'll be 40 soon and not done a days work in 20 years :mad: sponging bastard

·
Registered
21,814 Posts
1st time I went to sign on my face was all swollen up from shingles! Plus i had a skinhead. When I told the guy I had shingles he shat himself ha ha! Got seen to very quickly. Got an interview that afternoon but my face and eyes swelled right up and couldn't see for toffee so missed out on the job

·
Registered
3,744 Posts
last yeah i lost my job so went into the job center, go treated like shit, so left, walked out crossed the road into a local agency and started working later the same week, the agency have been really helpful.

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
I expect the job centre staff are fecked off with people offering really lame excuses, that they've given up the will to live, let alone help anyone. Face it, 8/10 people who go into a Jobcentre, are only there to get their cheque, then feck off home again, via the offie. The amount of abuse / bullshit these people have to put up with is astonishing.

Not an excuse for them, but I can sympathise (I work in the industry, but with the aforementioned 6 month + scroungers)

·
Registered
2,274 Posts
I had an absolute comedy moment last year in the job centre...

Early morning, place is packed, the usual types in there with an excuse for everything.

My turn comes up and im sat at the desk, to the side of me is a chap giving it the 'it's to far' line. The lady dealing with me looks at my paperwork and see my line of work, which is basically biological sciences.

She lists a couple of jobs that I had already applied for, then all of a sudden looks at me and loudy says to me...

'There's a job here working with anthrax!'

noisey, busy job centre goes so quiet you could hear a pin drop and everyone is all of a sudden looking straight at me.

I got some strange looks walking out of there that day :lol:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts