Volkszone Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
757 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, have bitten the bullet, paid up front and have joined our local (very local...200yrds from front door, and owned by the landlords daughter) gym/spa.

I am way over weight,(90 kg with a BMI of 31! :( ) and after a bit of a trying year need to turn the page and get fit and loose the weight. Hughie, my other half will ensure I go at least three times a week.

The spa opened today and has jacuzzi, steam room and sauna, as well as the gym. I will see the personnal trainer tomorrow for my assessment.

Wish me luck folks!!

Think I may take a leaf out of Mandy's book, and put down the weight and the loss in my signature. Mandy has been a bit of an inspiration!!

jayne xx

·
Registered
5,214 Posts
Excellent - well done jayne. The secret is to enjoy it, so mix it up a bit at the gym otherwise you can get bored. I know! The exercise will probably encourage you to eat healthily too. It does for me. I might join you by putting my weight loss in my sig too. Mandy's certainly an inspiration - sure she'd be proud of you.

Well done :hug:

·
Registered
34,510 Posts
Just remember Rome wasn`t built in a day....take it really easy and make sure it`s fun!

Best of luck!

·
Registered
757 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys!! :hug:

Appreciate the support.

Medication (Tamoxifen)I am now on has brought on early menopause, and I have been warned about the risk of weight gain!
:(

I want to be able to keep it under control, and can't blame weight gain entirely on the drug, as I don't do any exercise at all at the moment. I'm giving myself until next August to loose 4stone.

Jayne xx

1 - 4 of 4 Posts