Volkszone Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A question for the VW collective. Years ago I went into a junk shop (remember those?) and bought a wooden chest full of old carpentry tools. It all largely became forgotten but I recently opened it up to have a look at everything. These two tools were in it but I don't know what they are for. The first one has a tapered hole down the middle and a blade running parallel. Maybe it is for cutting wooden pegs?

The lighter coloured piece has a small blade at the bottom of the slot and a wooden screw thread which tightens up into it.

Any ideas?

Wood Reptile Terrestrial animal Tail Hardwood

Musical instrument Wood Metal Hardwood Art

Wood Hand tool Wood stain Hardwood Metal

·
Registered
1,817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for that. Here are some more shots of the second one. The blade seems to align with the wooden screw thread, which makes me wonder if it is for cutting wooden screw threads.

Wood Rectangle Wood stain Communication Device Hardwood

Wood Hardwood Metal Household hardware Wood stain

Wood Auto part Fashion accessory Metal Composite material

·
Registered
1 Posts
An inquiry for the VW aggregate. A long time back I went into a garbage shop (recall those?) and purchased a wooden chest brimming with old carpentry devices. Everything to a great extent became neglected yet I as of late freed it up to view everything. These two apparatuses were in it yet I don't have the foggiest idea what they are really going after. The first has a tightened opening down the center and an edge running equal. Perhaps it is for cutting wooden stakes?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts