Volkszone Forum banner

1 - 20 of 147 Posts

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just found out me brother is gay and I feel ill just thinking about it.He is 13 years younger than me and I just cant stop feeling sick to more core about it.I thought something was up because me parents have had that summats wrong look in there eyes.I have found out on the grapevine and it has made me more angry than I really should be.
I know it isn't pc to be this way but with everthing else that my brother has put me through I want to cut all ties with him(he hasn't spoke to me since july after i sacked him,he decided to text me at 23:45 on a monday night to tell me he wasn't going to be in the next morning.End result I dropped his tools off that following evening.)
Has anyone on here been in this sort of a situation and what the hell do I do??????
Oh yeah,I haven't told me wife yet and I really dont know how to tell her.

·
Registered
10,587 Posts
I think perhaps you should be a little more supportive of him. He's probably not having the easiest time at the moment.

I think cutting all ties with him would be a very bad idea. why don't you try talking to him about it. He could probably use a friend if he's just told the world he's gay.

·
Registered
5,767 Posts
dukeyboy said:
Oh yeah,I haven't told me wife yet and I really dont know how to tell her.
You know I sacked ???????? , well he's now doing up hill gardening :eek:

·
Registered
26,995 Posts
Kafer_meister said:
I think perhaps you should be a little more supportive of him. He's probably not having the easiest time at the moment.
i fully understand this POV......but people rarely think of the families.....i dont think its something to be ashamed of but they will take time to come to terms with it......i would be gutted...

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ickle AutoManics said:
Bet thats a bit of a shocker mate, dont know the answers though
supose its a case of trying to come to terms with it :rolleyes:
not even tea will sort this 1

·
Registered
10,587 Posts
BUDGET BUS said:
i fully understand this POV......but people rarely think of the families.....i dont think its something to be ashamed of but they will take time to come to terms with it......i would be gutted...
I'd rather any of my brothers were happy, whatever their sexuality.

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Kafer_meister said:
I'd rather any of my brothers were happy, whatever their sexuality.
fare point and maybe in the fullness of time things may change but to find out on the grapevine has pissed me off and i just cant work through that at the mo never mind owt else

·
Help! I'm trapped in here
16,459 Posts
dukeyboy said:
I'm a big ray a sunshine
Be one for your brother then.
He's your brother at the end of the day and that's all that matters. Don't let his sexuality drive a wedge between you. How would you feel if you disowned him and he died a week later?
Life's too short for hate buddie....

·
Registered
2,463 Posts
dukeyboy said:
Just found out me brother is gay and I haven't told me wife yet and I really dont know how to tell her.
What's your problem? He's your brother. You'll probably find your wife shrugs it off with a savvy 'thought so...' and that's the end of it. Why does it matter where he puts it (or takes it) - he needs your support and a bit of brotherly understanding, rather than being shunned. He's probably been hiding this for a long time, fearing that you might not understand. Very perceptive of him too it seems... wish him luck, be protective, get along and try and understand his point of view perhaps.

·
Registered
466 Posts
dukeyboy said:
fare point and maybe in the fullness of time things may change but to find out on the grapevine has pissed me off and i just cant work through that at the mo never mind owt else
From your reaction it's pretty clear why he did not tell you himself.

Get a grip. He is your own flesh & blood. You should be happy he has his sexuality sorted out. Lots of youngsters go for years without acknowledging it, and end up with serious mental problems.

/RANT

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
john-g5 said:
He's your brother at the end of the day and that's all that matters. Don't let his sexuality drive a wedge between you. How would you feel if you disowned him and he died a week later?
Now i have to agree with that

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
john-g5 said:
I wish it was simple.i do simple.
He hasn't even spoke to me since july.No birthday card nor f$£k all.No one from the family has even said owt to me yet.I found out in the street in town

·
Banned
12,512 Posts
You shouldn't treat him any differently, he's the same person he was last month, last year, 5 years ago. He's known about this for a long time so nothing has changed for him.

Is it the fact that he's gay that upsets you or that you had to find out 'on the grapevine'? If it's the former then I'm not really surprised he couldn't face telling you. Your reaction isn't the most welcoming.

You could use this as a positive way to rekindle your relationship, show him that you're supportive and non-judgemental. Be the caring big bro.

·
Registered
4,036 Posts
peelo said:
One of my best friends... who I shared a room with at the time (we were living in a very expensive bit of London), turned out to be gay and I had never realised.

When I found out he was gay I was so shocked I moved out and never spoke to him again...

NOT

Why the fuck did I care if he was gay.

If you have a problem with your brother being gay then it is just that.

Your problem. Not his.
Seconded. Some bruv YOU are.

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Funny how most of the replys actually think that i give a fuck or not that he is gay.
Not really looking at everything else here are we.
How would any of you feel if you found out like this??????????????????

1 - 20 of 147 Posts