Volkszone Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not really sure how I feel about this.

Basicly, I'm a heavy athsmatic, and I've been taking part in a study for a new treatment

http://www.air2trial.com/

http://www.cbc.ca/canada/story/2006/05/22/asthma-mon.html

It's been tested in the US and Canada, but not here.

I'm in for my 1st "treatment" on 30th Oct, don't know if I'm please or not

I've had bronchoscopy's in the past, and they are fuggin HORRIBLE, but I feel I've gotta try it, or I'll never know...

Besides, what's short term pain compared to ALWAYS worrying when my athsma's gonna strike?...

I did a lot of thinking before I signed up for the trial, and I KNOW I've taken the choice I want to, it's the ops themselves I'm not looking forward to. but then who would :(
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
34,377 Posts
Operations are scary....it`s just one of those things i guess.

Have you tried the gizmos that exercise your breathing? I`m not sure what they`re called-they look like a toy gun you breathe into (crap description i know)...a lad at rugby controls his asthma with one instead of the inhalers now and my son has done the same-he used to have the blue and brown ones.

Best of luck whatever you choose :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
dragster172 said:
Operations are scary....it`s just one of those things i guess.

Have you tried the gizmos that exercise your breathing? I`m not sure what they`re called-they look like a toy gun you breathe into (crap description i know)...a lad at rugby controls his asthma with one instead of the inhalers now and my son has done the same-he used to have the blue and brown ones.

Best of luck whatever you choose :)
Oh I'm still having the treatment, no ammount of drugs has been able to control my athsma :(, I've tried breathing exercises etc, its the allergic reations I have are so severe my airways close really tight.

Strange, cos my body is really tollerant, to a point, then it goes mental :(, attacks are very scary and come on very quickly.

And thanks
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
14,777 Posts
Just read the article and I can see why you might be anxious about the operation but it does look like it should make your life a little more comfortable.

From reading the article,I assume that this is not a "cure-all" but will lessen asthma attacks?

Good luck with the the treatment! :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,892 Posts
Best of luck dude.

I suffer slightly from Asthma and it's a pain. especially when I wake up in the night trying to find an inhaler that's still in the car.

Hope all turns out well. :hug:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Cheers people.

No it's not a cure, I'd still need medication, but it'd make it less of an issue, my attacks should be a lot less vicious than they are.

Most importantly, if this works for me, I could be helping others with the same problems I suffer.

My younger brother did trials on the medication I take now, that medication has saved my life, more than once.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
34,377 Posts
wedgedout said:
Oh I'm still having the treatment, no ammount of drugs has been able to control my athsma :(, I've tried breathing exercises etc, its the allergic reations I have are so severe my airways close really tight.

Strange, cos my body is really tollerant, to a point, then it goes mental :(, attacks are very scary and come on very quickly.

And thanks
Aha i see.....didn`t they announce recently they`ll have a cure for allergies and allergy related asthma within 3 years? All tied in with the hay fever cure?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
dragster172 said:
Aha i see.....didn`t they announce recently they`ll have a cure for allergies and allergy related asthma within 3 years? All tied in with the hay fever cure?
That's not the same thing.

The allergies trigger my athsma, but its smooth muscle walls on the wind passage that make it as bad as it is, and this treatment is more to do with that.

I hope they do cure the allergy side too!
 
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Top