Volkszone Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just putting the finishing touches to the fee scale for our new website going live at the end of the year...need some thoughts before I put it to the rest of the guys tomorrow?
Vehicle owners from all clubs can upload their vehicle/s and enjoy online promotion of his/her vehicle for television/advertising/media/film work OR/AND weddings within their own home town.

The site is free to use for all, we provide the vehicle owner with ratified terms & conditions along with all legal paperwork for Inland Revenue, so you can legally declare this additional income and offset the cost of services, running cost,restoration etc etc to free up your own pocket
Rather than charge owners for the use of the site, having had a booking confirmed (all online) the owner buys "credits" to complete the booking process, 2 for a wedding, 1 for TV/Film/Media etc.
What's you thoughts on three credits (with no time limit) minimum at £89.00 inc vat. (ie if you did a wedding, you would have 1 credit left say for a TV commercial)

For those who are not aware of the site www.characterclassics.co.uk

ps, genuine vw owner, got three although wife had told me I have to scap at least 2 of them!!! :hug: :hug:

·
Banned
14,290 Posts
character classics website said:
With each event, there are ratified Terms and Conditions of Hire that both parties agree to abide by, coupled with adherence of members to the Members Charter.

For corporate functions, television and film productions events, there are separate Terms and Conditions of Hire providing protection for all parties and the vehicle concerned.

Character Classics is happy to act as an arbitration service in the unlikely event of problems arising, but it is the responsibility of both parties to demonstrate that they have acted appropriately and according to the Terms and Conditions of Hire.
Have you taken advice on this stuff ? If not, have a think about it ?

Do you know arbitration law / how to act as an arbitrator ?

Have you thought about any liability you may have for the content of the T&Cs (I'm not sure what 'ratified' means in this context)

Sorry if a bit off topic, and I'm not knocking the concept at all, but I just wondered whether there is a pile of risk here that you may or may not have thought about...

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
very much aware of the legal side of things, this is why we have corporate lawyers at "loads a money an hour."

The posting was'nt about the why's and wherefore's of CC, but to ask whether a credit system would be more user friendly than say an annual membership fee, given that with the former, vehicle owners would only pay something when they have negotiated a firm booking...as oppose to a membership fee that might have to be each year and applicable to each vehicle they may post...

·
Registered
10,269 Posts
:confused:

:stupid:

Have I got this right ? ..

Hirers don't pay you to hire a vehicle.

Owners don't pay to advertise their vehicle.

The hirers and owner will agree a price between themselves, and the hirer pays the owner direct ?

The owners, (rather than paying you £89.00 in cash), do jobs to the value of 3 credits (worth £89.00)

I get the credit system thing..

The owners agree to do a minimum of 1 wedding (worth 2 credits) and 1 tv promo (worth 1 credit) and the debt of 3 credits, worth £89.00 is paid !! :D

·
Banned
14,290 Posts
character said:
very much aware of the legal side of things, this is why we have corporate lawyers at "loads a money an hour."

The posting was'nt about the why's and wherefore's of CC, but to ask whether a credit system would be more user friendly than say an annual membership fee, given that with the former, vehicle owners would only pay something when they have negotiated a firm booking...as oppose to a membership fee that might have to be each year and applicable to each vehicle they may post...
well pardon me for checking you weren't about to stumble into a difficulty you might not have foreseen.... (like the wedding car company that I have seen (losing) in Court twice in the last 6 months)

(and I'll bet you a tenner to Brads that - corporate lawyers or not - I'm right about you not knowing how to / being qualified to act as an arbitrator ! Wanna bet ? I thought not.... )

Feedback on the credit system ? Not clear enough to the reader how it works. Needs better explanation on the website.

·
Registered
557 Posts
^^^^^^ What he said ^^^^^^

What is to stop the two parties meeting through your site and then sorting things out between themselves?

You could do with putting the Terms and Conditions on the site.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
sorry, was off line, like ebay each party has own username, contact details are not exchanged until the booking has been confirmed and agreed, the vehicle owner by that time would have either bought or allocated his/her credits prior to be able to confirm the booking.

Please remember, this is the remittance from the vehicle owner to CC, not the cost of hire, that's advertised by the vehicle owner along with photos, online diary giving available slots etc etc...too technical for this initital thread.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
CheekyMonkey said:
well pardon me for checking you weren't about to stumble into a difficulty you might not have foreseen.... (like the wedding car company that I have seen (losing) in Court twice in the last 6 months)

(and I'll bet you a tenner to Brads that - corporate lawyers or not - I'm right about you not knowing how to / being qualified to act as an arbitrator ! Wanna bet ? I thought not.... )

Feedback on the credit system ? Not clear enough to the reader how it works. Needs better explanation on the website.
Great to hear from you, clearly not realy thinking about the threads actual content..

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
the braincell said:
:confused:

:stupid:

Have I got this right ? ..

Hirers don't pay you to hire a vehicle.

Owners don't pay to advertise their vehicle.

The hirers and owner will agree a price between themselves, and the hirer pays the owner direct ?

The owners, (rather than paying you £89.00 in cash), do jobs to the value of 3 credits (worth £89.00)

I get the credit system thing..

The owners agree to do a minimum of 1 wedding (worth 2 credits) and 1 tv promo (worth 1 credit) and the debt of 3 credits, worth £89.00 is paid !! :D
Just about right....

The vehicle owner puts their vehicle up on the site, same as ebay for example, in doing so create their very own management page to monitor/alter/ add to their vehicles listing....all free with no obligation.

Joe public, sees a vehicle they would like for their wedding, or film company/tv company, sees vehicle/s and want for their film/tv series.

Vehicle owner who promotes to film/tv already shows on their listing, the daily rate plus any out of pocket expenses

Vehicle owner who promotes for wedding, shows all inclusive price for say a 4 hour event plus price per hour after.

Hirer send email having seen the vehicle is available from the online calendar for that vehicle, owner emails back confirming his availability coupled with T&C, hirer acknowledges reciept of same and responds by confirming the arrangement through the site to the vehicle owner.

Vehicle owner then either buys credits at £89.00 from CC or allocates existing credits for that event at the same time as confirming the proposed hire and then knowing the contact details of the proposed hirer (until then usernames are the only id). Thus paying CC for the marketing/promotion that lead to the hire in the first place. Until vehicle is booked, no one pays anything...its free!!!

Vehicle hirer is prompted to return paper version of t&C to actual vehicle owner at the same time paying any deposit required (ie weddings).We will suggest that the hirer visits the owner to inspect the vehicle and meet the chauffeur as well as providing some security in knowing they are getting what they expected.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Bapa said:
^^^^^^ What he said ^^^^^^

What is to stop the two parties meeting through your site and then sorting things out between themselves?

You could do with putting the Terms and Conditions on the site.
Like ebay, usernames are used for all vehicle owners and those wishing to hire, this info is not given to either party until the booking has been confirmed by both parties and in particular the vehicle owner has bought his/her minimum number of credits at £89.00 for three credits to be able to complete the booking...

The site you are seeing is only a temp one to initially educate interested parties and likewise, provide a point of contact for those who may wish to help test drive the actual site in November.

Rest assured the main site will and is looking very whistles and bells and will include t&C and everything via secure site

·
Banned
14,290 Posts
character said:
Great to hear from you, clearly not realy thinking about the threads actual content..
you don't even have the good grace to see when someone was trying to help do you ?

well, your site is confusing, god alone knows what your T&Cs say, you clearley are advertisimg something (arbitration) you are not qulaified to provide, and with an arrogant attitude like that I strongly suspect that this business will come a cropper sooner or later - and I for one will not shed a tear

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
CheekyMonkey said:
you don't even have the good grace to see when someone was trying to help do you ?

well, your site is confusing, god alone knows what your T&Cs say, you clearley are advertisimg something (arbitration) you are not qulaified to provide, and with an arrogant attitude like that I strongly suspect that this business will come a cropper sooner or later - and I for one will not shed a tear
once again, many thanks for your interest!

·
Registered
10,269 Posts
character said:
Like ebay, usernames are used for all vehicle owners and those wishing to hire, this info is not given to either party until the booking has been confirmed by both parties and in particular the vehicle owner has bought his/her minimum number of credits at £89.00 for three credits to be able to complete the booking...
So the owner does pay you £89.00 ?

What's the point of having the credit system too ?

Straight forward membership fee would be simpler me thinks.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
the braincell said:
So the owner does pay you £89.00 ?

What's the point of having the credit system too ?

Straight forward membership fee would be simpler me thinks.
Unfortunately not, thought long and hard about that, if you had a car listed and for one reason or another you did not have any booking, you're going to be peed off if you've paid for something you've not had!!!!

Likewise, if you own two or more vehicles, each one would generate a commitment to pay a membership fee as each vehicle has its own earning potential.

What happens if you own say 4-5+ vehicles as some of our new members do...going to cost a fortune!!!!

Bad press would be created and future vehicle owners would think its a rib off....pay a membership fee and get nothing in return!!!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts