Volkszone Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The other day i went to Pizza Hut, normally i try and avoid it because its full of kids, which i bloody hate, but my friend wanted to go.

So...we get taken to a booth with families on each side (great.)
So allllll through our meal we get little Chesney climbing over into our booth, blowing his straw in my hair and all the other crap they do.

Next thing i know, i turn round because the little brat was breathing on my neck, only to find a fork about to stab into my head!!! :eek: :mad:

WHY dont parents keep there kids under control?! The little thing clearly hasnt had a harsh word said to it. The parents were 'laughing' about how 'cute' and silly he was being arggghhhh!
Dont they realise that other people dont find their kids cute at all...especially when ive got a fork stuck in my head.

Rant over.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
757 Posts
Totally agree!!!

Bad parents are as common as bad pet owners...and they make people dislike children/pets.

I hate badly behaved kids, but not as much as I hate their stupid, knuckle dragging parents for letting their kids behave as such!!! :mad:


....and breathe.....

Thank you, I needed that!!! ;) :)

Jayne xx
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
4,638 Posts
What is it Keanu Reaves says in Parenthood?

You need a licence to drive a car,
you need a licence to shoot a gun,
Hell! you even need a licence to own a dog,

But, they'll let any arsehole be a parent!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
757 Posts
Mr.AJ said:
If parents are allowed to let their children fuck around in public places, i should be allowed to lock them into under-sized cages. Fact.
Do you mean the parents or the children???? :incheek:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
519 Posts
Baza said:
What is it Keanu Reaves says in Parenthood?

You need a licence to drive a car,
you need a licence to shoot a gun,
Hell! you even need a licence to own a dog,

But, they'll let any arsehole be a parent!!!
Bang on.

We try and bring our kids up to be respectful towards others, not overly boisterous, not to use bad language and to keep themselves and their environment clean....

...let them outside to play (inevitably with the gyps next door) for two hours and they come back as if we've not taught them anything.

Back to square one.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
40,652 Posts
I hope you said something to the childs parents, I would want to know if any of mine were mis-behaving, Fynn was causing trouble at lunchtime at school we changed his lunch habits & he is now a happy boy, if the parents dont know they can't rectify the problem.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,969 Posts
Vicster said:
I hope you said something to the childs parents, I would want to know if any of mine were mis-behaving, Fynn was causing trouble at lunchtime at school we changed his lunch habits & he is now a happy boy, if the parents dont know they can't rectify the problem.
But...weren't the parents actually THERE, smiling and laughing as the OP said?? Surely if they were there, they should be able to see how their kids were behaving and tell them to sit down and eat rather than driving other diners mad.

I don't have kids but I do have 4 young nephews whos ages range from 3 - 11 and we (me, hubby, sisters, brother in law, Dad and the kids) often go out to eat in all sorts of restaurants and the boys sit at the table and they behave themselves. There is NO WAY that any member of our family would put up with them arsing around because (a) none of us would enjoy our meal and (b) we know we have to be courteous to other diners. I don't understand why some other families just don't get that :(
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,032 Posts
Baza said:
What is it Keanu Reaves says in Parenthood?

You need a licence to drive a car,
you need a licence to shoot a gun,
Hell! you even need a licence to own a dog,

But, they'll let any arsehole be a parent!!!
Totally agree...as a teacher I see all the shit caused by parents who should never be allowed to own a goldfish..let alone have children.....BTW: My kids are perfect ;)

Ragged
 

·
Bright Eyes
Joined
·
6,898 Posts
not all kids are bad... i am proud to take my boys anywhere and if they dont behave they know they wont go back again..

Chelle x
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
40,652 Posts
My-Shops said:
But...weren't the parents actually THERE, smiling and laughing as the OP said?? Surely if they were there, they should be able to see how their kids were behaving and tell them to sit down and eat rather than driving other diners mad.
(
Regardless of whether they saw or not I personally would have said something to them :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
130 Posts
thankfully our 6 y/o makes me proud every time we take her out too, she is generally polite and courteous.

she chooses pizza hut as her special bonus for good behaviour etc cos she likes it and we dont eat take aways very often and its a 60 mile round trip to the hut.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I thought a fork in my head was a clear enough sign that i was p**sed off lol
I can understand kids can misbehave and it can be hard work for parents..but some parents dont even disipline, their kids walk all over them!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
757 Posts
DubLass said:
......but some parents dont even disipline, their kids walk all over them!
To bloody true!!!

It all boils down to respect!! Respect shown from a parent to others, as well as their kids, and then in turn those kids learn by example.

If an adult acts in a certain way, then kids will too. if there are no boundaries in place, the kids are left to run amoke!

What ever happened to manners? Please, thankyou and sorry??

I don't hear many adults say please and thankyou, so it's not surprising that kids don't use manners.

Yep, my two are well behaved too! ;) Pefect little angels!! ;) :lol:

Jayne xx
 
G

·
I was always taught that if i didnt behave in public, particullarly restaurants as a kid, i would get a smack, and that we would never be able to go again.
I therefore behaved my self, and thats exactly the attitude i will bring my daughter up with too.
She already eats regularly out in restaurants with us, and we always give her a book or something to occupy her whilst she waits for her food (she is 11 months) and she is always as good as gold, and if she isnt, she gets taken outside to calm down ( not old enough to understand smacking properly yet) so that the other people in the restuarant dont have to listen to her having a crying session.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
74 Posts
i blow my straws in peoples faces and stab people with forks in pizza hut all the time. isnt that what you do??? haha
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,213 Posts
SPERMBANK said:
I was always taught that if i didnt behave in public, particullarly restaurants as a kid, i would get a smack, and that we would never be able to go again.
I therefore behaved my self, and thats exactly the attitude i will bring my daughter up with too.
She already eats regularly out in restaurants with us, and we always give her a book or something to occupy her whilst she waits for her food (she is 11 months) and she is always as good as gold, and if she isnt, she gets taken outside to calm down ( not old enough to understand smacking properly yet) so that the other people in the restuarant dont have to listen to her having a crying session.
Smacking is bad, and hope that you don't feel you have to resort to that when she gets older :eek:. I was always taught to behave myself in public, othewise my parents let it be known they'd be really disappointed in me - and that worked well :) My nephew and niece have the same treatment and it works well for them too. They hate letting their parents down, and don't have to be smacked to prove a point.
 
1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Top