Volkszone Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Apart from a 300 mile trip home, I’ve not been out in the newly acquired t2. I had envisaged a trip up to the highlands, but a few family matters have reduced my time off work, so now, I thought
“Let’s go to the Lake District for a few days “
I love the lakes, many happy memories there, but we always stayed in nice hotels, so I’ve absolutely no idea where I’d go with my camper van!
Does anyone know a camp site where I could just turn up and stay a night? Some ive looked at via google, require you to book in advance, plus three nights minimum stay.
I don’t require anything fancy,me and the dog would just like somewhere quiet and safe, don’t even require an electric hook up as I’ve got nothing 240v.
Appreciate any recommendations.

·
Premium Member
15,540 Posts
Turner Hall Farm, in the Duddon valley is probably a good one to start with. I've added it to the camping section on here. Thank me later.

There's one near Keswick too, it doesn't take bookings, you just turn up. It's cheap, but very basic.

If you are happy to park up at the side of the road, I've a couple of spots. ;)

·
Registered
8,716 Posts
Baysbrown farm in great langdale valley.
Great working farm site in easy access of several pubs and some amazing walking routes

·
Seasoned Chat Slut
3,317 Posts
Gibraltor Farm Campsite in Silverdale, not quite the Lakes but a possible en route stop off, lovely site with amazing sea views.:)

·
Registered
16,972 Posts
Just drive around and keep an eye out for the little brown road signs with a tent and caravan on them. You'll usually find a farmhouse at the end of the road with a camping area. Try and avoid places like 'the camping and caravaning club' they'll charge you well over the odds for a nights kip!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts