Volkszone Forum banner

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
11,192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lancia delta HF turbo Integrale.

Anyone had or got one of the little critters?

I fancy getting one, but some air cooled will have to go.

·
Help! I'm trapped in here
15,981 Posts
Look out for the fact that most of them are thrashed half to death. The tailgate can drop off due to rust in the roof/hinge area and if the roof has any suspect dings in it, its quite possibly because one or all of the previous owners have been getting air under the wheels!

Very hard to find a good one from all accounts.

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
Lancia delta HF turbo Integrale.

Anyone had or got one of the little critters?

I fancy getting one, but some air cooled will have to go.
A very good friend of mine has a Black HF turbo Integrale which he is about to put up for sale. Its not going to be expensive either as he needs the space. PM me if you are interested ;)

·
Registered
3,338 Posts
As someone earlier stated the Integrale was the next model up in the range.

The HF Turbo was the first turbo car i ever drove and WOW it was great fun. If one comes up and its in good nick then buy it, play with it a while and sell it on before the bills start to come in!!!

Have fun dude...Schneeky

32,496 Posts
whoah there guys.

The Delta HF Turbo was indeed the 1600 turbo FWD car, there was also a Delta 4x4 that didn't have the blister arches and bodykit that the more familiar Intergrale has.

BUT

The earliest Integrales where badged as Lancia Delta HF Turbo Integrale.

But that isn't the one you want, they are more delicate than a very delicate thing like a snowflake or a fairy's wing or something.

The last Integrales where badged as Evo2's, and they are the fella you want.

They are more burly, like Paris Hilton's dog or a piece of Royal Doulton Bone China.

They go like this:

Delta HF 4WD

Delta Integrale 8v

Delta Integrale 16v

Delta Integrale Evolutzione

Delta Integrale Evolutzione II

·
Registered
8,787 Posts
thought this thread could do with a picture or two...

this belongs to one of the guys that sells car covers, we got talking on the phone and he said this has been a very good reliable car and not much has gone wrong on it since he's had it. I thought they were like TVR's (i.e. spend 8 months off the road being repaired etc etc) so i was surprised to hear what he had to say about it. For me, it's an all time favorite car but doubt i will ever have one. Red looks awesome too.

·
Registered
688 Posts
That Italian rotbox heap of plastic is nowhere near as cool as 1879 built Fairlie steam locomotive Merddin Emrys - built in Wales and durable as fuck! Rock and Roll!:D

·
Help! I'm trapped in here
15,981 Posts
Ever heard of the Integrale based Lancia Hyena, built by Zagato?
If not, don´t feel bad - they only built 26.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Finally a thread where i know what I am talking about!

I had an Integrale and know just about all there is to know about them... or rather did at one time when I lived and breathed them... trust me, you will become an expert very quickly.

Go to http://forums.delphiforums.com/evoforum/start

And from there you will get an idea of the different versions and models.

Basically though there were:

delta hf 1600cc turbo 2wd
Delta HF 4wd 2000cc turbo (but boring body shape)
Delta HF Integrale 4wd 2000cc 8v turbo. This is where the wheel arches started bulging out. No bonnet vents.
Delta HF Integrale 16v 4wd 2000 16v turbo. Bigger bonnet bulge and vents. Hydraulic clutch and rear biased torque split began.
Delta HF Integrale Evo 1 4wd 2000cc 16v turbo. This is where the enormous wheel arches bulges came, as well as the extra bonnet vents on the sides, rear wing on the tailgate, 16" wheels and biggest turbo of the lot.
There was also an EVO 2, which looked the same as EVO1 but had some different specs and gadgets, 5 extra bhp. I think these had a catalytic converter.

Mine was an oddball swiss version of the Integrale 16v. It had all the specs of the 16v version, but with 8v motor and catalytic converter for the swiss market, fairly rare and the only Integrale that is approved in sweden where i live, except the evo 2 which also has a cat but costs twice as much.
Mine was mint..... until it caught fire!

Without doubt the most fun and most hysterical car I have ever owned, possibly the best fun car I have ever driven too... it ate brakes and shocks and tyres and petrol... and to be honest, if you buy one, don't have it as your daily driver.... you'll need something boring and reliable for that.

The best advice I can give is to buy the most expensive one you can find, with as good a history as you can find... looking for cracks in the bodyshell... or take an expert with you.

Evo 1's are my favourite.... although perhaps a little vulgar

16v just as quick and half the price.

As I mentioned, mine was mint.... if I were to get another one, I would buy a dog and rant the living daylights out of it... maximum bang for buck.... as long as you don't mind fixing stupid stuff weekly!

Drop in to the evocorner for more tips.

Conk.

1 - 20 of 64 Posts