Volkszone Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am setting the rocker geometry at the moment.

My set up is 044 heads with S/S valves, after market 1.25:1 ratio rocker arms, adusters at pushrod ends. and scat lash caps. cro mo pushrods.

Test fitting the lash caps, they are loose fitting and would be held in place by the rocker arm, this would also mean that the rocker arms would not spin the valves. Giving potential for valve seat problems.

So I am trying to decide whether to use the lash caps or not, if I dont use them will the valve stems get damaged, if I do use them will the loose fit be a problem.

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Glenn, I am tempted to just risk it and run without lash caps. Has any one actually damaged the ends of stainless steel valves with the aftermarket style rocker arms.

I am using an Engle 120 with the 1.25:1 rockers.

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
OK, I think I will run without the lash caps, the Scat ones are so loose they would just fall off if the rocker arm wasn't holding them in place.

Thanks

·
Registered
4,109 Posts
Yeah had them fall off twice now on my motor, lucky they fell striaght onto the sump plate. Fished them out and stuck em back on again. I think a little bit of damage was caused to the end of the valves but all is good now ive reduced the rocker clearance gap, never happened again and no running problems.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts