Volkszone Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Banned
26,771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
she technically has grounds for constructive dismissal as well, by not responding to her complaints and actually moving guy next to her they are making it impossible for her to carry out her duties as directed

·
Registered
14,293 Posts
Nic B-C said:
she technically has grounds for constructive dismissal as well, by not responding to her complaints and actually moving guy next to her they are making it impossible for her to carry out her duties as directed
possibly, yes

good lateral thinking

not sure how much good it would do her mind

·
Registered
3,836 Posts
Mr.AJ said:
Thats the jargon i was looking for. Thanks. :hangloose

I'd like to deal with him legally. But i have a short temper, and i know if i ever saw him do it in person (so far ive only heard of it through her/her friends/co-workers.) i would lose it and smack him, But how many of you can honestly you wouldn't do the same? ;)
i did and ended up looking at 10yrs,try and deal with it legally,they must have to do something after so many complaints

·
Seasoned Chat Slut
2,987 Posts
Why are you fucking about? Either threaten the snivelling little twat, or get one of your mates to give him a dig one night and put him on his arse!! After he's chinned him him get him to say something like "keep your hands to yourself in future" or "you know what thats for", something like that. Theres no way on earth your lass can get sacked because some random bloke has smacked another bloke. Warrant this, legal that, my arse!! Administer some vigilante justice, with the fists of fury!!!

·
Registered
557 Posts
CheekyMonkey said:
possibly, yes

good lateral thinking

not sure how much good it would do her mind
I though about this last night, but unfortunately as she's been there less than 12 months she can't claim Unfair Dismissal, and Constructive Dismissal is a form of Unfair Dismissal.

·
Registered
14,293 Posts
Bapa said:
I though about this last night, but unfortunately as she's been there less than 12 months she can't claim Unfair Dismissal, and Constructive Dismissal is a form of Unfair Dismissal.
its not quite

its a form of dismissal

it can be the basis for a claim of either wrongful dismissal or unfair dismissal

she could potentially bring a claim for wrongful dismissal

she could perhaps get round the 12 month thing if there was sex discrimination and bring an unfair dismissal claim

but in reality, neither are likely to achieve much I'd suspect

·
Seasoned Chat Slut
2,987 Posts
CheekyMonkey said:
Hmm......so.....if a bloke gets smacked when he's out and there is no proof what so ever that it has anything at all to do with a work collegue, your saying he can just go into work and say "i got chinned last night, for no apparent reason, but i want Doreen sacked" and it will be so :rolleyes:
I say bollocks to you my friend............ ;)

·
Registered
14,293 Posts
56 ragtop said:
Hmm......so.....if a bloke gets smacked when he's out and there is no proof what so ever that it has anything at all to do with a work collegue, your saying he can just go into work and say "i got chinned last night, for no apparent reason, but i want Doreen sacked" and it will be so :rolleyes:
I say bollocks to you my friend............ ;)
you said "there's no way on earth"

that's bollocks

I could reel off dozens of scenarios (variations on a theme) of how it could happen

start with - boss is a mate of pest, pest is beaten up, pest tells boss of suspicions, boss sacks lass

of course it could happen

you can't make a hiding do any good unless he knows what its for (quite apart from it being totally disproportionate and wrong) and once he knows what its for.......

·
ready for the off....
36,619 Posts
CheekyMonkey said:
(My guess is that the police won't be interested....but maybe that's wrong - any boys in blue on here have a view ?)

?
Not a boy in blue but I'm with you - they wont be interested - 'most' wouldnt get up out of the chair to stop someone beating up their own grandma... ;)

In Cheshire that is :) But you've heard it all before ;)

·
Seasoned Chat Slut
2,987 Posts
CheekyMonkey said:
you said "there's no way on earth"

that's bollocks

I could reel off dozens of scenarios (variations on a theme) of how it could happen

start with - boss is a mate of pest, pest is beaten up, pest tells boss of suspicions, boss sacks lass

of course it could happen

you can't make a hiding do any good unless he knows what its for (quite apart from it being totally disproportionate and wrong) and once he knows what its for.......
OK dude, whatever. All i know is this.......... If my lass was getting sexually harrassed, at work, out of work or anywhere else i wouldn't be posting on here and waiting for limp wristed replies about constructive this and court order that. Id be sorting it out, one way or another, face to face. For fucks sake, the blokes taking the piss out of him and trying to touch his lass up!! Give him a good yucking and be done with it!!!

·
Registered
14,293 Posts
56 ragtop said:
OK dude, whatever. All i know is this.......... If my lass was getting sexually harrassed, at work, out of work or anywhere else i wouldn't be posting on here and waiting for limp wristed replies about constructive this and court order that. Id be sorting it out, one way or another, face to face. For fucks sake, the blokes taking the piss out of him and trying to touch his lass up!! Give him a good yucking and be done with it!!!
frankly, your readiness to resort to severe violence in the face of someone being a pain in the arse worries me

chances are that all this guy needs is warning off, and the employers need to take it seriously

conflict avoidance, not escalation

if everyone resorted to violence to sort out minor problems society would be in an even worse state than it is

in, of course, my opinion

the thread starter hasn't even spoken to him about it !! Its a bit early to start lashing out

·
Seasoned Chat Slut
2,987 Posts
CheekyMonkey said:
frankly, your readiness to resort to severe violence in the face of someone being a pain in the arse worries me

chances are that all this guy needs is warning off, and the employers need to take it seriously

conflict avoidance, not escalation

if everyone resorted to violence to sort out minor problems society would be in an even worse state than it is

in, of course, my opinion

the thread starter hasn't even spoken to him about it !! Its a bit early to start lashing out
Yeah, i see what you mean mate. Some bloke that i have never, and probably will never meet, gives an opinion on something and i lay awake at night worried too :rolleyes:
But just to clarify, id call sexual harrasment a bit more than being a "pain in the arse" and her employers are clearly not "taking it seriousley" and lets not forget, he's already been dismissed through this behavour before and has 3 girls complaints against him in this job, so clearly the 'legal, correct, right way' to deal with him has had little or no affect on his attitude.........either way, its not my problem and i dont partake in petty squabbles on here................i just know that if he did get carried away sometime and took things too far and all id done was wave a piece of paper in his face......well, i think you get my drift...................in, of course, my opinion ;)

·
Registered
14,293 Posts
56 ragtop said:
Yeah, i see what you mean mate. Some bloke that i have never, and probably will never meet, gives an opinion on something and i lay awake at night worried too :rolleyes:
hardly..... I just don't think that violence is normally the best way to improve things

56 ragtop said:
i just know that if he did get carried away sometime and took things too far and all id done was wave a piece of paper in his face......well, i think you get my drift...................in, of course, my opinion ;)
that's a fair point - but if the piece of paper had put an end to it, once and for all, maybe you'd have seen it differently

lets face it, he's not even spoken to the guy..... don't you think its a bit soon to be jumping out in dark alleys with a ski mask and a baseball bat ?

and what you can't get away from is the fact that for a hiding to do any good, he's got to know who and why.....at which point you're on the inside doing time, and he's outside with your girlfriend. Good result ?

I don't think we're actually very far apart though - we both think he should confront the guy and get it out in the open and see what happens....its the what happens next where we differ by the look of it

·
Registered
285 Posts
I think most of the blokes here (whether secretly or not) would like to see the guy beaten like a ginger step-child but fact is if you get caught that's a whole world of trouble you wouldn't want whereas if you get him with a permanent sexual harrassment tag on his career it makes it all the better to watch the fucker squirm. Might be worth a little chat with him tho - some folk like that don't realize they are crossing any boundaries by acting like that and a chat with boyfriend with 1000 yard stare may make it worth it but I'd still suggest an official route.
Or you could get 2000 flyers made up with his face on and the headline Sex Pest above the photo and put them up all over town.....
Oh, and as much as I ain't a fan of unions (most of the time), they are well worth the money on this one, if the bosses get dragged across the coals for lack of assistance they may well give your good lady a hard time out of spite (we all know how call centre management types can be....)
Whatever you do dude, hope the fucker gets what's coming :)

·
Seasoned Chat Slut
2,987 Posts
CheekyMonkey said:
lets face it, he's not even spoken to the guy..... don't you think its a bit soon to be jumping out in dark alleys with a ski mask and a baseball bat ?

and what you can't get away from is the fact that for a hiding to do any good, he's got to know who and why.....at which point you're on the inside doing time, and he's outside with your girlfriend. Good result ?

I don't think we're actually very far apart though - we both think he should confront the guy and get it out in the open and see what happens....its the what happens next where we differ by the look of it
Ok, m gonna walk away from this one, coz frankly, ive got better things to do. If you read my original post though i clearly say "threaten him" which is confronting the guy. Then i say "get a mate to dig him" which is a long way removed from your baseball bat scenario. We can 'if' and 'but' and hypothosise all day long......... what if he has a word, and the slime ball tells his brothers, neighbours, auntys, knitting circle partner who is having a bit on the side with the MD............i think you get my drift........but i stand by my original gut feeling, which was that if some moron was making life uncomfortable for my girlfriend at work by letching on her and making inappropriate comments and managers etc had already been informed and were doing absolutely nothing about it, as is the case here, then theres no way on earth id be 'pretending i dont know'. Id be having a quiet word, quick smart, and if it had little or no effect i would take that very, very personally..........but hey, thats just me...........like i said squabbles arent my thing, so we will have to agree to disagree............ :hug:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts