·
Registered
9,211 Posts
no longer mine, but i built it in '98

·
Registered
7,711 Posts
This was mine...

but its now been broken up... i've only got a few bits left like the shell and wheels

·
Registered
364 Posts
Just a few thoughts about that closed thread...

I personally like Sidewinders & Manxes - they have a purity of line that you don't see in many buggies.
Nevertheless, I think it's a lot easier to build a nice looking buggy from a well produced brand new kit like the Sidewinder, than it is to turn a '70s monstrosity' (Mel's words I believe) into something that looks good.
I saw the state of Phil's Manta Ray before he started on it, and it wasn't pretty. Nevertheless, he turned into something worthy of a magazine feature - and that's a lot more of a challenge than starting with a new kit (although some people seem to even f**k that up!).

Take the recent Volksworld/Ultra (I forget which) cover with the GP & the Manx. Sure, the Manx was nice but I personally preferred the GP because of the transformation that it had gone through.

It's really not clever having a dig at something that someone's put a lot of hard effort into. Having said that maybe sometimes it's better to take other people's opinions with a pinch of salt and not be over-sensitive ;)
Let's face it, they're all buggys at the end of the day - it's better than spending time and money on a Saxo ;) :group:

·
Registered
606 Posts
What lump you running in that then? Looks mean.

·
Premium Member
2,376 Posts
Dub Lovin' Criminal said:
Take the recent Volksworld cover with the GP & the Manx. Sure, the Manx was nice but I personally preferred the GP because of the transformation that it had gone through.
Thank you. I prefer the GP too :D :D :D :D

Photo courtesy of musicman

;)

·
Registered
606 Posts
Oh didn't take you long did it Neil :incheek: :D

1 - 20 of 29 Posts