Volkszone Forum banner
1 - 20 of 127 Posts

·
Registered
11,044 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
real gardens, not lady gardens :p

I have a patch of earth, patchy grass and various weeds to turn into a beautiful piece of land, a sanctuary from this busy world.

Honestly, it's a state!

I shall post pictures tomorrow.

But I need ideas of what to do with it. I have a general plan, but any inspiration would be greatly appreciated :D

So, wotcha got?

·
Registered
6,812 Posts
It's a bit dark to get a picture now... I shall take one tomorrow...

but have you got a decent sized shed? sheds are awesome... slouch chair, bottle of whisky...

you can get some quiet time down the shed... :D

·
Registered
11,044 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It's a bit dark to get a picture now... I shall take one tomorrow...

but have you got a decent sized shed? sheds are awesome... slouch chair, bottle of whisky...

you can get some quiet time down the shed... :D
We have a 'workshop' (aka large metal shed shoulder height full of crap) but I plan to put a shed in behind it for garden implements, then I'd love to make a little wooden house thing at the end of the garden, on two levels, top level will have chairs and stuff and the bottom level, maybe a tiki bar..? :D

I have big plans :D

·
Premium Member
27,158 Posts
This is how it looked when we moved in, it's been tidied a bit and divided with post and rail fencing since these were taken.

View from the back end.

Looking the other way.

:)

·
Registered
11,044 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Errr.. my garden's probably smaller than your folks' raised beds Danny but nice piccies nonetheless :D

·
Registered
11,068 Posts
My garden is about as big as that chicken run! :lol:

It's where a shed used to be, but I have planted it now - a little lawn and some bamboo and a eucalyptus, and I've just put up some willow screening to hide the wall on the left. I had a better pic from when I'd just done it that showed the patio at the front. I like it because it is not overlooked at all, and is like a hidey place :)

There is a brick shed next to it which is why is is so narrow, and a gravel drive next to that with the camper van on it (eventually I will make that garden too).

The front garden is lawn and I have planted a shrubbery in the corner :D

I love gardens and miss the big garden I had at my old house :(

·
Registered
7,020 Posts
I'm just in the process of re-landscaping our back garden.

When we moved in, we had a massive shed at the bottom of the garden... 18' x 10'. Unfortunately it was rotten, so had to be removed.

I'm building a decking area, a paved area for a new smaller shed, and then putting a nice sized garage in so the bug can finally come home.

Molly-cat was helping out in the garden yesterday too. I think I get her paw of approval :lol:

·
Registered
7,996 Posts
Mine should look considerably better than it did this morning as bloke is out cutting the grass as we speak :lol:
My garden furniture is knackered, I stood on one of the chairs to peg some washing out yesterday and put my ruddy foot through it :( :lol: Nice big bruises! :rolleyes:
So that has to be chopped up for firewood now. Not arsed as will get all new for new house when we move.
I have a patio, a wall and a shed. And a stupid tree belonging to one of the neighbours which is pissing me off now as it's grown about 32ft high and just hangs over my garden. But she's such a tree hugging hippie I bet if I knock on the door she won't cut the fecker down! :mad:

·
I'm not an addict... honest!
3,906 Posts
So when are you changing your names to Tom and Barbara? :D
Well, I just got some chickens with a friend and we called them Margot and Jerry...

Blugg and Automanics - I see the HUGE gardens....but no chickens?

·
Premium Member
27,158 Posts
Well, I just got some chickens with a friend and we called them Margot and Jerry...

Blugg and Automanics - I see the HUGE gardens....but no chickens?
Got chickens, also ducks, geese, Guinee pigs and a donkey and pony for good measure.

OH Yeah, and 3 dogs! :D

1 - 20 of 127 Posts