Volkszone Forum banner
961 - 980 of 988 Posts

· Registered
2,687 Posts
Think Asda or Tesco used to sell those as their own brand, were decent quality for the price. They did quite a few vag cars yellow samba, sharan and loads Audi’s

· Registered
735 Posts
I picked up this guy last weekend. Total nostalgia purchase as I had two on a Tonka transporter as a kid. I picked up the transporter last year for an eye watering 50p! But sadly no bugs, so I have been on the lookout. It was £3 which was equally eye watering for the wrong reason. Mine originals had white wheels, whereas this one has transparent wheels.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

· Registered
2,687 Posts
Total nostalgia for me too! I’d forgotten having one of those transporters with two bugs too, unusual that they got broken or lost as I kept the vast majority of stuff since I was a kid especially any bugs. I can remember my nephew drive my gold matchbox jag into the transporter, it didn’t fit! My older brother did a great job painting the bottom half brown with humbrol to cover the scratches

· Saddest VZi'er 2017
10,494 Posts
I've got a couple of those little dudes

Tonka VW Beetle by RS, on Flickr

Got these tonight, bought a Hot Wheels redline locally off eBay and it turned out I knew the seller - he gave me these FOC

I already had a Dune Daddy but another can't hurt

Hot Wheels Dune Daddy by RS, on Flickr

Didn't have this version of the MC Toys baja though

MC Toys Baja Bug by RS, on Flickr

Or this - I have several others in different colours, and there's a bit of a story behind it...

Impulse(?) (Matchbox Sand Digger copy) by RS, on Flickr

· Saddest VZi'er 2017
10,494 Posts
As I'm sure you know, this is a Matchbox Sand Digger

Matchbox Sand Digger by RS, on Flickr

When I was a kid, I had a copy in black plastic with black windows and a hole in the back containing a spring, like a key car. That one's lost in the mists of time but I eventually found another

Impulse (Matchbox Sand Digger copy) by RS, on Flickr

The name on the base (Impulse, Macau) lead me to working out it's supposed to go inside a van body that splits open and fires the car out

FB_IMG_1575380771290 by RS, on Flickr

There are various other cars too but the Sand Digger is the one that interests me. Still hunting for the van but I found the red version

But then I started finding Chinese made versions that have fixed, cut away wheels and a sticky roller underneath so they will go down vertical surfaces - that's what the purple one above is, I also have red and blue

I really want to find the red and/or black van though...

· Registered
2,687 Posts
I've got a couple of those little dudes

Got these tonight, bought a Hot Wheels redline locally off eBay and it turned out I knew the seller - he gave me these FOC

I already had a Dune Daddy but another can't hurt

Hot Wheels Dune Daddy by RS, on Flickr

Didn't have this version of the MC Toys baja though

Or this - I have several others in different colours, and there's a bit of a story behind it...

DOEs the white one have working lights and siren? I’ve a purple one that does, tune is stick in my head now 😂 it’s a matchbox but I’d a yellow maisto to in same casting

· Saddest VZi'er 2017
10,494 Posts
DOEs the white one have working lights and siren? I’ve a purple one that does, tune is stick in my head now 😂 it’s a matchbox but I’d a yellow maisto to in same casting
It doesn't but I know the one you mean as I've had it since I was a kid and it still goes doDEEdo...doDEEdo

Made by MC/Maisto but also released as a Corgi

Corgi Baja Bug by RS, on Flickr
Corgi Baja Bug by RS, on Flickr

· Saddest VZi'er 2017
10,494 Posts

· Registered
2,687 Posts
I love this thread,, great to see others out there even more into this stuff 😁 it’s the first yellow one I have/had

· Saddest VZi'er 2017
10,494 Posts

· Registered
2,687 Posts

· Registered
2,687 Posts
I actually bought another Corgi Baja today. It made a dying squeak instead of playing its tune. Hopefully I can change the battery

20221123_171544 by RS, on Flickr

Along for the ride were a couple of Majorette Golfs

20221123_171508 by RS, on Flickr
20221123_171406 by RS, on Flickr
I’d the blue golf mint and boxed with a trailer, sold it on eBay a while back to fund the polo build. The black one looks sportier 😎

961 - 980 of 988 Posts