Volkszone Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Sharp's brewery are close to my home and their beers are fantastic. Happy was I to see their bottled Doom Bar on offer in LIDL. I have tasted worse ale in forty years, but I really cannot remember when. Brewed by Molson Coors in Burton-upon-Trent, not by Sharp's in Rock, Cornwall. Avoid like COVID - it's vile! :(

·
Registered
16,973 Posts
Rusty Ferret is another one. It tastes just like it sounds. Well not exactly , it tastes more like a decomposing Ferret and smells pretty much the same too!

·
Registered
4,208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
On another note any of lidls ales worth going for or are they all a miss, any recommendations?
Our local LIDL has an ever-changing array of good ales and you would likely have different selection. Some of their guest canned ales are surprisingly palatable so don't dismiss them out of hand as I used to. They have an excellent chocolate malt stout at the moment called Chokka Blokka and their small can Twisted Knots American IPA is interesting too. I enjoy cider too and their Woodgate made-in-Devon 6.0% scrumpy is fantastic value at £2.69 for four large cans.
Perhaps the best option is to do what I do - try them all! Annoyingly LIDL often omit the brewery, or even country, of origin and the very hardest beer to find is German lager. Ohh the irony...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Our local LIDL has an ever-changing array of good ales and you would likely have different selection. Some of their guest canned ales are surprisingly palatable so don't dismiss them out of hand as I used to. They have an excellent chocolate malt stout at the moment called Chokka Blokka and their small can Twisted Knots American IPA is interesting too. I enjoy cider too and their Woodgate made-in-Devon 6.0% scrumpy is fantastic value at £2.69 for four large cans.
Perhaps the best option is to do what I do - try them all! Annoyingly LIDL often omit the brewery, or even country, of origin and the very hardest beer to find is German lager. Ohh the irony...
Cheers will do, I was asking as there lager and their wine is pretty good, but have not tried the ales

·
Registered
358 Posts
Local LIDL to me in Loughborough sells The Amber Adder Ale. By the Hatherwood craft beer company. Its not half bad.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts