Volkszone Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
12,294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone use one?

I just got one the other day and used it a couple of times... maybe it's psychological, it probably is, but I already feel as though it's having an effect.

Anyone else use one?

·
Banned
14,774 Posts
I used to have one when i was younger. I find putting a bright Orange interior in your Bug works just as well ;)

They do work, no doubt about it, but i just got bored with using it, i try very hard to keep myself happy now, so i guess i've learned to not need it. But go for it :) Happiness is key :D Especially seeing as were now destined to never have a Summer again :( :lol:

·
Registered
12,294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I got this becuase I'm not depressed as such, just lethargic. My sister uses one and she swears by it, so I thought I'd give it a go.

It was quite a bit cheaper than a new orange interior too :lol:

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
I don't have a light box but I get depressed in the winter months, mainly October to about February, and looking out the window for a while or sitting in a brightly lit room can really help. I don't think it's just psychological although your brain obviously thinks "if I use this light box then I'll feel more awake/happy etc", so that does contribute.

·
Registered
11,044 Posts
My brother got one to help his depression, and it did improve a bit, but I think exercise is very good too to make you feel less lethargic. It's just getting enough motivation to take the exercise...

·
Registered
11,595 Posts
where's good place to get one....worth a try.

·
Registered
12,294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
Registered
4,297 Posts
My brother got one to help his depression, and it did improve a bit, but I think exercise is very good too to make you feel less lethargic. It's just getting enough motivation to take the exercise...
indeed, i keep meaning to but i just dont feel like it when it comes to it.

Last year i was really good and before it started going dark i began swimming twice a week so it was routine made me feel much better... this year i didnt now im struggling.

Can anyone recommend any particular lightboxes? There's lots out there...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts