Volkszone Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
21,417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Non renewable track rod ends. Master cylinder?

No handbrake adjusters.

Sraight rear suspension 'towers'

It came from a 59 cab but looks to be an earlier floorpan. Need to know the latest possible year it could be please :) Oh and will need valid reason, not just stabs in the dark. ha ha :)

Thanks all in advance, Al :)

·
Registered
2,429 Posts
It's no earlier than Oct 52, due to the rear suspension and no later than July 55, due to the heater control position (I believe). I am sure there are other indicators that might narrow it down a bit more.

·
Registered
21,417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Moby5153 said:
Pre-Aug 55, but it's too late to do any further checking, I'm going to bed. No chassis number?
I think the cab was crashed in the late 50's/60's and has been rebuilt using a different floorpan and new front clip.
The body that came off certainly is post 58 as there is no speaker grill in the centre of the dash like an oval.
I think that after the rebuild a new plate was put over the existing stamped numbers on the floorpan (hence the 2 holes). The car was also re-registered as B reg I assume afer the rebuild and some fool plated over the semaphore holes etc making it look like a later cab.

in short, no chassis number, sorry.

·
Registered
21,417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
As there are no further replies I just wanted to say thankyou to those that replied above :)

So its a Oct52-July55 chassis with a 59Karmann body. Interesting!! and heres me who was concerned it has been reregistered a 63! ha ha :D

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
The last split was built on March 10th 1953. They went on until July 1957, so your chassis crosses the earlier boundary on the basis of the dates you have quoted.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts