Volkszone Forum banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Meant to post this last night, but got caught up in all the plane/treadmill goodness...

So, I'm on the PC in my dining room. Hear a couple of kids dicking about outside the front of my house (terraced, front door opens onto the pavement). I ignore it for a while until I hear a thump on my window.

So, I get up, pull down one of the blinds and look out.

One of the little gits that's leaning on my window turns round, looks at me and along with his mate then walks off down the end of the road.

They keep turning around and waving at me as they can quite obviously see me looking through the blinds at them. They get bored of waving and then start giving the old single finger salute.

I keep watching because I really have nothing better to do and then one of them starts to walk back in my direction.

I can't be arsed with it so walk away from the window, turn off the lights and go into the lounge - when I then hear another thud at the window.

I go back, the twat has gone, and there is a footprint on the window...

This morning I go to have a look at my car and notice that there is a fresh key scratch down the rear panel, quite nicely joining up a nice scratch which was put there last month. (whilst I was busy looking after my wife who had just suffered an ectopic pregnancy)

What in the fuck is up with the youth of today? I'm only 30 - I'm no old fogey but seriously, does nobody have any respect these days?
Is it the norm that kids go out keying cars and kicking windows and giving the finger to random homeowners?

Little shits.

:mad:

·
Registered
22,015 Posts
being 17, i can tell you EXACTLY what a lot of these tosspots think.. mainly because i'm mates with a few lads who hang around with the wrong crowds.
all they said is they are either bored, have nothing to do, parents want them out the house etc..
It's sad when parents don't want their children in the house - why effing have them?!?!?! :mad:
I personally think these kids mess around and cause trouble because they are trying to prove they are 'hard' to their friends. :rolleyes:
My mates been getting trouble from chavs.. spitting at her and such.. shes year 12.. they are year 8's... :mad: .. arseholes. :(

·
Registered
89 Posts
being 17, i can tell you EXACTLY what a lot of these tosspots think.. mainly because i'm mates with a few lads who hang around with the wrong crowds.
all they said is they are either bored, have nothing to do, parents want them out the house etc..
It's sad when parents don't want their children in the house - why effing have them?!?!?! :mad:
I personally think these kids mess around and cause trouble because they are trying to prove they are 'hard' to their friends. :rolleyes:
My mates been getting trouble from chavs.. spitting at her and such.. shes year 12.. they are year 8's... :mad: .. arseholes. :(
They need a good kicking - that'll learn 'em! Boredom is no excuse to be an arsehole.....

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I get what you're saying - truly I do.

But, when I was your age (not that long ago - honest!) and I was bored I'd go to my bedroom, pull out a book and sit there and read it.

The thought of going down the road, keying a few cars before meeting my mates outside the coop to have a few Diamond Whites and have a couple of trips never crossed my mind.
And if I had dared do that, I'd have been so fucked over by my parents for doing it that I'd never be doing it again...

BigOrangeMonkey said:
Its the way of the world at the mo isnt it, no real deterence so they do what the fuck they like!
You're right.
But, you could guarantee that if I went out to my garden and picked up the 4 foot bit of box steel I've got by the bins and wrapped it round the little shits head then not only would I have been visited by the police but probably also by the parents asking what I had done to their little angel and then by all the little shits' mates...

Grrrrrrrrrrrr :mad:

·
Registered
22,015 Posts
I get what you're saying - truly I do.

But, when I was your age (not that long ago - honest!) and I was bored I'd go to my bedroom, pull out a book and sit there and read it.

The thought of going down the road, keying a few cars before meeting my mates outside the coop to have a few Diamond Whites and have a couple of trips never crossed my mind.
And if I had dared do that, I'd have been so fucked over by my parents for doing it that I'd never be doing it again...
I NEVER hung out on the streets - i simply wasnt allowed. :) Even now im 17, the only time im out late is at gigs,parties etc. I prefer to have my mates over, and chill out with a DVD if we are skint!
I'v been bought up to respect other people and their belongings.. i also wouldnt dream of keying somebodys car :eek: that horrifies me!My parents woulda murdered me too. :p
I don't understand the kicks these people get out of bullying,vandalising and generally being dicks...:(

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I NEVER hung out on the streets - i simply wasnt allowed. :) Even now im 17, the only time im out late is at gigs,parties etc. I prefer to have my mates over, and chill out with a DVD if we are skint!
I'v been bought up to respect other people and their belongings.. i also wouldnt dream of keying somebodys car :eek: that horrifies me!My parents woulda murdered me too. :p
I don't understand the kicks these people get out of bullying,vandalising and generally being dicks...:(
At least there are some decent young people about these days :)

·
Registered
8,618 Posts
I had the passenger wing mirror broken off my car last night. Coincidentally there was a large group of teenagers hanging around outside the kebab shop over the road until fairly late last night...
I'm also 30 so I can also remember what it was like to be a teenager - we used to get drunk and have parties and try to shag each other rather than going round vandalising stuff and giving agro to older people. Mind you I think we also knew pretty damn well that the older people who have given us a hiding if we had been cocky little shits to that might have helped! :lol:

As for bored? I grew up in rural Wales, there really is fuck all to do there and you have to make your own entertainment.

I remember when it was all fields round here...

32,416 Posts
You're right.
But, you could guarantee that if I went out to my garden and picked up the 4 foot bit of box steel I've got by the bins and wrapped it round the little shits head then not only would I have been visited by the police but probably also by the parents asking what I had done to their little angel and then by all the little shits' mates...

Grrrrrrrrrrrr :mad:
Battering the little twat is one thing. And thats not the way to do it as you'll end up getting yourself in lumber.

But on the other hand, telling the little fuckers exactly what will happen next time they fuck with your kit, and then running the Motor round their parents to extract reparation for the damage will certainly go a fair way to keep the little cuntbags out your way.

It's not that kids don't have any respect, it's that nobody has taught them any yet.

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
There's a group like this in the village where I live & it drives me nuts.

There's not loads to do here but, after asking for/acting on feedback from the 13-17 year olds in the village by way of a questionnaire etc the parish council put in a sturdy permanent 3 sided shelter over in the park along with some 'play equipment' which was more suited to older kids.

This was after some of the group destroyed the old equipment by burning it down!

They also now run a youth club which, along with the usual stuff arranges weekends away at adventure camps etc which a bit more exciting than the youth clubs I remember.

A large proportion of the finance comes from donations & a legacy from a resident of village years ago so could well be used on something for those that appreciate it.

A small faction still whinge about there being nothing to do & no provision for them so end up trying to discourage other people from going by general anti-social behaviour. The cheeky little tw*ts even moaned to the guy who cleans the park (an unpaid volunteer) that they couldn't sit in the shelter anymore coz it was full of broken glass & smelled of p1ss. Er, duh! If you stop getting drunk, leaving your bottles there & peeing up the back of it then maybe the issue would resolve itself :rolleyes:

As has been said though, a lot of it is down to the parents not caring what their kids are up to as long as they're out of the house.

Much as my eldest drives me potty sometimes I'd much rather he & all his mates be hanging around here than wandering the streets. I even still think this when they're managing to shake my dining room light fitting by jumping around like a load of chimpanzees :lol: & eating enough food to sink a battleship :eek:

I have to concur with the "If you don't want them around then maybe you shouldn't have had them in the first place or at least stopped after one"

What I can't understand is that when someone actually tells these parents what their kids are up to they either get defensive, declare ignorance or simply don't give a rats ass. Feel free to disagree, disapprove and/or generally berate me for my poor parenting but if I found out that either/both of mine were behaving like it I'd ban all luxuries/ground them/make them pay for or repair any damage/make sure they contacted any victims of their behaviour to apologise & offer to make amends/possibly even blat them one/all of the above.

Would it be dim of me to ask where they get the money for their phones/phone credit/****/booze/in some cases local to me, drugs etc when none of them have a job & some of them aren't old enough to sign on yet? I can only assume it's all funded by their parents :rolleyes:

Phew, rant over, sorry!

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
:lol: :D Why thankyou mista :crazy: haha
I just dont understand them? Bah. Did you call the police? I know they just laugh at the police nowadays but.. at least its something.. :(:hug:
I didn't - there's no point.
This time last year the wife's shit Fiesta got broken into and her stereo nicked. We phoned the police, they didn't even come out. Cost us £70 for the window and £130 for replacement stereo.

I've had stuff nicked out of my car before - my fault for leaving it unlocked outside my house for an hour I guess. Plus, the neighbour but one had paint stripper/brake fluid chucked all over his car around the time the wife had hers broken into. He didn't report it as there was no point. The car was actually written off thanks to that as it would have been uneconomical to respray it.

BUDGET BUS said:
Thats Barwell for ya
You, my friend, are completely right. It's a fucking hole and I wish someone had pointed that out to me before I went and laid out £108,000 on the house here.

Now, I have an interview at work on Monday for a possible promotion which will get me around £38k per year. After getting myself a nice Suzuki GSR600 (priorities!) then the rest of the money will go on increasing the mortgage to get the hell out of here and at least get a driveway.

·
Registered
22,015 Posts
:( :hug: that sucks. im lucky enough to live in the country. :D lots of fields, filled with vw's :lol:
But.. if you go into folkestone around this time, on a friday/saturday night... arm yourself :eek::(

·
Registered
20,837 Posts
At least there are some decent young people about these days :)
The majority of young people are decent, there are a small minority who are total fuckers and these unfortunately are the ones that people remember.

Thats Barwell for ya:(
That's pretty much every village, town, city across the country too.

·
Registered
26,797 Posts
You, my friend, are completely right. It's a fucking hole and I wish someone had pointed that out to me before I went and laid out £108,000 on the house here.

Now, I have an interview at work on Monday for a possible promotion which will get me around £38k per year. After getting myself a nice Suzuki GSR600 (priorities!) then the rest of the money will go on increasing the mortgage to get the hell out of here and at least get a driveway.
We lived just up from top town....we had a guy 2 doors away who who play music at 4AM loud enough to wake us up.....needless to say he "got his":eek:;):lol:.....but yes it was fully crap....full of housing association single parents whoring themself out or interbred "families"......who just ran the town :rolleyes:

we lasted 6 months....

Good luck with the job fella.....fingers crossed.....BTW dont think Hinckley either.....thats as bad.....just bigger with more charity shops and Pubs.....:rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I'm 'The Barracks'- I'm sure you'll know it.

Hinckley isn't so bad, as long as you're on the outskirts.
Used to rent on a new build near the Triumph factory which was quite nice... but I think if I'm going to buy a new place it'll be closer to work... (large, well known company in Enderby if you know what I'm talking about).

1 - 20 of 47 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.