Volkszone Forum banner
61 - 80 of 86 Posts

·
Registered
13,158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #64 · (Edited)
Considering the van was supposed to be the good weather on my day off project it's going pretty well with how dry it's been lately (no doubt it'll now pour down for the next month). Fairly standard bit of rot near the trailing arm mount sorted, then panel in front of arch, floor edge and outer panel on.

51143122434_14d9c0bf57_o by flat4fanatic, on Flickr

·
Registered
3,446 Posts
Polo looks great, you going to paint the steelies or get rims?

·
Registered
13,158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #68 ·
Polo looks great, you going to paint the steelies or get rims?
I've got the original hubcaps, but will prob paint the steels black as I've got a tub of chassis black then decide which. No rims though - got to be sold as soon as it's been run around for a few weeks (got my Mums care home bills to pay for a few months due to council delays).
Went to bleed the brakes Friday night. Rears went ok, fronts 1 seized nipple, 1 snapped :(
Nipped over to volksmagic on the Saturday morning with them and my mate Lee managed to get both out. Local car parts shop had new nipples, now just waiting for a break in the rain to get them on and bled.

·
Registered
3,446 Posts
I'm a big fan of black steelies :)
Wee car is looking great

·
Registered
3,446 Posts
Polo looks great with the trims back on, I've the originals off mine in the garage loft lol

Mine was much the same only through the mot a couple of weeks ago, had been off the road since July 2009!

·
Registered
13,158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #73 · (Edited)
Polo passed with no advisories :)
After a couple of runs out noticed a small leak from the plastic flange on side of head so just replacing that, but otherwise all good.
Bug is going for paint next week or two so trying to get the last few bits sorted and hopefully some primer on over the w/e
203283306_493755785070924_3376789034293861687_n by flat4fanatic, on Flickr

206467399_197839535586995_4823222950913024861_n by flat4fanatic, on Flickr

Ones that's gone there's a shuffle around going on at the unit and I should be able to squeeze theT25 in too to get the last bits finished on that.

·
Registered
3,446 Posts
What colour you going with bug, have forgotten if you'd mentioned before lol

·
Registered
3,446 Posts

·
Registered
13,158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #79 ·
Picked this up for a mate last w/e - proper bargain. Years of storing my projects seems to have rubbed off on her. '67, rock solid apart from a door bottom and front of bonnet. She got it off one of her roller derby team mates who was moving. Been parked up since 2018 and wasn't running. My mate Lee and I spend some time setting up everything as it should be (lots wrong in previous attempts to get it running) plus new plugs, leads, dist cap, rotor arm points and a condensor and it's running again :) Got to go through the rest of it for her to check all is good and mot it. Plenty of play in the steering box seems to be the worst bit.

20210703_140826 by flat4fanatic, on Flickr

Also been working on this at home at night for my mate Clare - inner wing, rear quarter, body mount, bumper mount and some wing bolt holes. One side done. Other side's worse and somenes bodged a heater channel in completely wrong, front clip, full luggage area, framehead. Should keep me busy for a while. Will be off down the unit once the bug has gone for paint.

20210709_181659 by flat4fanatic, on Flickr

·
Registered
3,446 Posts
Hatd to beat a good 67 :)
What are the plans for it?

61 - 80 of 86 Posts