Volkszone Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
3,853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i put my drop spindles on today, but the original shock absorbers aren't long enough :( well i think thats what my dad said :rolleyes: :tick:
don't know anything about the ones on at the moment though :( other than they're Bugpack

('74 beetle with a ball joint front beam)

anyone got any prefably for this weekend, as its my daily, around derby/notts area.

thanks, jimmy :hangloose

·
Registered
5,767 Posts
If you have fitted dropped spindles how can the shocks you were using not be longer enough?

If anything you need shorter shocks or am I missing something?

·
Registered
3,853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
picked up the standard shock absorbers, thanks alan ;)
but they're too big and the ones that where on before where lowered shocks and they're too small :rolleyes:

i've measure the gap between where the shocks are attached and its 370mm so i need some shocks that will go either way (from 370mm) :D
or anyone know of a place to get them new, as i need them ASAP really :rolleyes:

thank you :hangloose

·
Registered
3,643 Posts
I am in the process of removing some almost new gas charged shocks that have been fitted to my dropped spindles. They have only done about 10 miles!!!! I am now putting on Koni's. The only problem is i am based in Enfield, North London. If you want me to post them it will cost about £10. You can have them for all in for £25.

·
Registered
3,853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
lids_2001 said:
I am in the process of removing some almost new gas charged shocks that have been fitted to my dropped spindles. They have only done about 10 miles!!!! I am now putting on Koni's. The only problem is i am based in Enfield, North London. If you want me to post them it will cost about £10. You can have them for all in for £25.
hell yeah! :eek: i'll bag them! :D thanks :D

could you just tell me the size they extend to and the same when they're compressed (measure it from the eye ringlet to the thread at the top) you got any pics too? :D

cheers bud :hangloose

·
Registered
3,643 Posts
it goes from 370mm to 470mm (approx), if you pm me an email I will send a pic.

·
Registered
3,643 Posts
These are standard height shocks, your beam must not be. I am running a standard beam with dropped spindles, no problems. What type of beam are you using?

·
Registered
3,643 Posts
Do you mean its taller than normal? or is it lowered, cus it sounds like your bugpack shocks were for a lowered car and should still work. the dropped spindles do not change the shock absorber length.

·
Registered
3,853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
its lowered at the moment, about 2 inch off the floor. yeah, i think the bugpack shocks are the lowered type, but when they're streched, theres a slight gap about half a cm, between the top of the absorber shell bit and where you bolt it down.

i'll have another look tomorrow, as its not with me now

·
Registered
3,643 Posts
This might be because the wheels are off the ground! Lower it slightly until the wheels touch the ground and then a little more to poke the shock through the tower. Then do it up.

·
Registered
3,643 Posts
As i previously stated, you should stick to your old shocks, the dropped spindles have not altered the length of shock absorber required.

·
Registered
3,643 Posts
YOu only ahve the floorpan, when you put the body etc back on the car, the weight will bring it even lower, thus your shock will not be stretched quite so much.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts