Volkszone Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
607 Posts
Rodovia Da Morte = road of death??? Just a guess..... :eek:

When I see roads like that, i always think "who the [email protected] built that??" I mean, its cut through solid rock, that doesn't come cheap. How could it have been necessary enough to justify all that work when its just a single lane? You can't see them building sommat like that in the UK can you - its a struggle enough to get them to widen the road when they decide to plonk a roundabout in the middle of it... :rolleyes:

But still way cool - although more than a tad scary. Time someone filmed a movie chase scene along it... :hangloose

·
Registered
179 Posts
That was used in the 80's as a stage on the World Rally Championship, can you imagine driving a 500+bhp Audi Quattro grp B rally car through it, those guys must have been mad.

·
Registered
9,842 Posts
sucram said:
That was used in the 80's as a stage on the World Rally Championship, can you imagine driving a 500+bhp Audi Quattro grp B rally car through it, those guys must have been mad.
I must echo my thoughts about the 911 to this statement...

Grp B quattro in those tunnels... IMAGINE THE NOISE.....

*OOOOOOOOOOOF*

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
sucram said:
I was thinking it would make a good rally stage - not very good for spectators at the side of the road, but much better for the drivers than the rubbish Special Stage blat round a football pitch rubbish they do now.

·
Registered
1,475 Posts
Bugger i can't see it it's not working :( :(

i'm guessing its a bit bendy :D

·
Registered
2,065 Posts
Bad Dog said:
Bugger i can't see it it's not working :( :(

i'm guessing its a bit bendy :D
same here :(
can anyone try and and post them here please :)

·
Registered
20,445 Posts
Rodovia Da Morte = road of death??? Just a guess
Good guess - Road way of death in Brazilian Portugese

Ther are roads sort of similar in Europe - in Spain I know of one like this in a narrow gorge. But I ant gonna tell you lot where as i keep that for myself!!

I don't think this road is in Brazil though

1 - 20 of 23 Posts