Volkszone Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
10,584 Posts
65_1200 said:
Check out Volkswarenhaus.de. This is where I'll be buying my Type 3 stuff from now on. £13-14 for a handbrake cable instead of £45 over here. Crazy difference

·
Registered
10,584 Posts
65_1200 said:
yes, t3d's prices are just stupid.
I quite tactfully didn't say that ;)

You must learn tact, it will serve you well.

·
Registered
8,213 Posts
65_1200 said:
yes, t3d's prices are just stupid.
No they're not, they're reasonable if you don't want to have to ship tat from other countries, trawl shows for swapmeet gear and wait..and wait.. and wait for that elusive part..

It's called business, Paul and Co saw and opening and went for it.. when you've done the same, gambled to get there and keep a small breed of classic car enthusiasts with a decent supply of parts.. then you can "stupid" prices all you like.

;)

·
Registered
10,584 Posts
wedgedout said:
No they're not, they're reasonable if you don't want to have to ship tat from other countries, trawl shows for swapmeet gear and wait..and wait.. and wait for that elusive part..

It's called business, Paul and Co saw and opening and went for it.. when you've done the same, gambled to get there and keep a small breed of classic car enthusiasts with a decent supply of parts.. then you can "stupid" prices all you like.

;)
I'm more than happy to trawl german websites ;) :lol:

·
Registered
10,584 Posts
65_1200 said:
well, just expencive.

i nearly bought a late fastback.
the prices of parts put me off.
I bought an early one, it came with a load of parts. I was happy. :D

·
People know me
31,725 Posts
65_1200 said:
wing beading.

i think his name is simon?

i need his number for a friend.
Hi, I think you mean Simon Kelly will PM you his No. as well as Brian Johnsons.

Danny.

·
Registered
10,009 Posts
Type 3 parts are more expensive as they are 'mostly' genuine parts or NOS. Beetle parts are plentiful and cheap because the repro market met the demand of sheer prodeuction figures of course.

Didnt someone on here have a thread the other day slagging off cheap repro stuff?

T3D supply a (relatively) small niche market. Id suggest theyre prices reflect demand well, moreso given there continued success.

·
Administrator
166,990 Posts
It never ceases to amaze me when some folk properly slag this place (and its members) off on 'other' forums . . .

Then bitch like fuck when they can't get back on here ;)

Careful what you wish for . . . you REALLY can't have your cake and eat it

1 - 20 of 24 Posts