Volkszone Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
looking for a vehicle upholsterer - Surrey area

Need someone to re-upholster a pair of Porsche tombstone style seats - vinyl is good, it's just the fabric centre sections which need replacing. Any suggestions for someone to do something with these....?

·
Premium Member
627 Posts
looking for a vehicle upholsterer - Surrey area

Need someone to re-upholster a pair of Porsche tombstone style seats - vinyl is good, it's just the fabric centre sections which need replacing. Any suggestions for someone to do something with these....?

they look like the porsche tombstones i did a while back and they were gone in exactly the same place.

you might be able to get away with just replacing the centres, but normally (and in the case of the ones i did) because of where the stitching goes it pulls apart the vinyl, so although the vinyl may look good, chances are you won't actually be able to stitch the new panel onto the old one.

just something for your to bear in mind :)

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
they look like the porsche tombstones i did a while back and they were gone in exactly the same place.

you might be able to get away with just replacing the centres, but normally (and in the case of the ones i did) because of where the stitching goes it pulls apart the vinyl, so although the vinyl may look good, chances are you won't actually be able to stitch the new panel onto the old one.

just something for your to bear in mind :)
Thanks Cat, I've sent you a PM
and thanks @Brian Burrows for the recommendation

1 - 6 of 6 Posts