Volkszone Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
snide twat
39,982 Posts
fifi trixabelle said:
Just trying to do a translation and I can't work out whether my English makes sense or not! Does it?

"The state no longer has the necessary, especially financial, means to deal with the economy due to an immense defecit"

Ta much!
finacial is kind of redundant as you are talking about the economy ?

·
Holy Calamity
67,033 Posts
fifi trixabelle said:
Just trying to do a translation and I can't work out whether my English makes sense or not! Does it?

"The state no longer has the necessary, especially financial, means to deal with the economy due to an immense defecit"

Ta much!
If you want to keep it close to how it is then maybe:

"The state no longer has the necessary means, especially financial ones, to deal with the economy due to an immense defecit"

"The state no longer has the necessary means - financial ones especially - to deal with the economy due to an immense defecit"

It didn't scan right cos you split "necessary means" in two. IMO :)

·
Registered
5,213 Posts
DarrenW said:

"The state no longer has the necessary means, especially financial ones, to deal with the economy due to an immense defecit"

"The state no longer has the necessary means - financial ones especially - to deal with the economy due to an immense defecit"

These both look awkward IMHO (nothing personal)

·
Registered
5,755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
DarrenW said:

That sounds betterer, thanks!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts