Volkszone Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4,969 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
evening guys i have a 72 bug with adjustable beam n dropped spindles [disk] up front the problem being its just not low enough ! the adjusters are maxxed out whats my next move to drop it more thanks jamie

·
Registered
4,969 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
tomarse got em already dude thought it would be lower than it is but just thinking maybe adjusters havent got enough movement on them thanks jamie

·
Registered
15,493 Posts
cut the adjusters off, cut slot longer re-weld adjuster further round. Depending on what sort of adjuster.

Or let the tryes down....

·
Registered
15,060 Posts
Either the adjusters are in at quite a high angle or as phill said, your shocks are holding it up. With dropped spindles, 145/65 tyres and adjusters, you can lay beam no probs.

I've been struggling to keep mine off the ground but that's largely due to the adjusters being welded in at a low angle!

Sorry for the bad pics, but this is a 71 running the same set up (apart from the brakes which I don't think make any difference. Oh and the beams narrowed too but you get the idea.

·
Registered
4,969 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thanks guys thats a great help im going to look at the shocks first snd go from there

·
Registered
4,969 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
couple of questions guys how would i know if my shocks are bottoming out? and if they are what ones shuold i go for?secondly how do i tell if i have dropped spindles [was told by the previous owner it had them but think i shuold check everything thanks v much

·
Registered
15,493 Posts
take shocks off and drive it a little bit up the road so it settles and see if it's any lower.

I think if you've got standard spindles the spindle is in line with between the ball joints if they're dropped it's above the top balljoint - don't quote me on that tho.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts