Volkszone Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody had any experience with their bus on a ferry? Just about to book up ferry tickets to take us over to Lowlands festival and I'm a touch on the concerned side about my bus bottoming out on those ramps ya gotta go down to get on ferries!! Its pretty low but not ridiculously low, whatdya think??

·
Registered
74 Posts
I'm lowered 1 slpine with adjustables and had to take the ramps at an angle very slowly (not head on) to get over them without scrapping..

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hmmm, that dont sound too good! I'm down two splines at the back with adjusters and dropped spindles at the front, can see some floor scrapping coming on!!

·
Registered
10,587 Posts
Abi (Bugbabe 22) managed to get the samba on the ferry to Dunkirk. It is very low. She did have to go on the lorry deck though, as this didn't involve a ramp.

I drove my standard height bay :D

·
Registered
426 Posts
hmm well last year in devon we had problems with the car ferry that takes you over the river dart, our bus is low but not really low, this year we will be driving round the long way :rolleyes:

·
Registered
10,218 Posts
got my split on the ferry, dover to calais, the guys loading it where very helpfll and even sorted some wood to stop the exhaust hitting the foor D

·
Help! I'm trapped in here
52,673 Posts
metric_thumbs said:
Depends if the tide is in or out when you drive it on.
What?? So let me get this straight, you can only go on a car ferry if the tide is out. Lowering is a daft idea, like I said you look cool up until you drive it.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Shit yea, hadn't even considered the tide factor. Might just shell out a bit of extra cash and go euro tunnel instead.

·
52,673 Posts
crossy said:
Shit yea, hadn't even considered the tide factor. Might just shell out a bit of extra cash and go euro tunnel instead.
I can't believe that people go to these lengths for a lowered bus. Can someone actually explain to me the real world advantages to lowering. I agree it makes it look better, but that is where it ends.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Easy fella, just askin a question about lowered buses on ferries, not lookin to get into the age old debate about why a large chunk of the vw scene decide to lower their vehicles

·
10,486 Posts
clarkson said:
I can't believe that people go to these lengths for a lowered bus. Can someone actually explain to me the real world advantages to lowering. I agree it makes it look better, but that is where it ends.
Finally, someone who thinks on my wavelength. :lol:

·
52,673 Posts
Samage said:
Finally, someone who thinks on my wavelength. :lol:
I do like the look of lowered buses. I would lower mine, but I have weighed up the pros and cons and I can only find one pro and about 20 cons.

·
He doesn't fr*ggin' listen!
9,859 Posts
clarkson said:
So you keep saying. If you don't like lowered cars, then keep yours stock - simple. If people want to lower theirs then that's up to them.

Crossy - Just go down on the lorry deck. You'll get on no problems.

The Radikalbugz guys came to the UK on the ferry and went on the lorry deck. A couple of them have zero clearance.

·
Registered
8,420 Posts
If its too low or you are worried they will let you park in the lorry bit as Kafer said, the marshalls shouldn't have a problem with it.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts