Volkszone Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi i know this is wrong place but im trying to get my wheels off at the moment and need a quick answer :tick:

van is a lowered 60 split with irs and when jacked up i cant get the wheel out of the arch as there is not enough room to squeeze it out,just tried undoing the shock and nothing happened.
there gotta be a trick to it so please all you low riding splitty owners let me in on the secret before i sell it and buy a tvr :mad:

cheers sye

·
Registered
675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
springplate:that is the long plate that has the splines on other end isnt it?

why has everything simple with these vans gotta be such a pain in the arse :mad:

·
Registered
675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
anyone got any other ideas??

wot the hell do you do if you get a puncture???

this van is really starting to fuck me off and i havent even driven it on the road yet £7.5k for a headache and a heart attack :tick: :mad:

·
Registered
78,060 Posts
tyre weld instead of a spare

or raise it back up a bit so you can get wheel off

otherwise you'll have to undo the rear doings each time you want to change wheel or do any brake work... Chez (rodent51) has to do that on his

·
Registered
783 Posts
Mines so low at the rear i have to undo my axle tube from the spring plate drop the shock and slacken my handbrake cables then let the tyre down and then i can remove my wheels :D
Got it down to a fine art now wheel off in 10 mins :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,917 Posts
Use/carry a bottle jack, sit it on top of the spring plate and jack it down down. You need a piece of wood so you don't damage your inner wing. I know it works as I've done it again today!!!?!!?!?!

·
Registered
833 Posts
this is a pain so i invested in adjustable spring plates,best £200 i ever spent,slam the back end and raise it with ease plus remove wheel with ease,

·
Registered
392 Posts
this is how i did it,,,,,,,,,,,,get bus on ax stands,then i used a small jack(the type where i used a screwdriver to expand the jack) in between the spring plate and above,(cant excatley remba, at wat point the top ov jack was placed)....i turn screwdriver until the jack lowered the shock to release the wheel,,,,,,ave a try,im daft so anyone can do it

·
Registered
19,535 Posts
peelo said:
tyre weld instead of a spare

or raise it back up a bit so you can get wheel off

otherwise you'll have to undo the rear doings each time you want to change wheel or do any brake work... Chez (rodent51) has to do that on his
hehehehehehe well until i get adjustable spring plates which solve the problem ;)

i now use a scissor jack between the axel tube and chassi rail to push the wheel down as far as pos, this and letting the air out of the tyre just about does it

:D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts