Volkszone Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have for sale a swing axle gearbox with LSD, it came out of a 1967 1500cc Beetle although the box code suggests that its from a 1200.
A well respected VW Engineer suggested that its worth £750 so i reckon that £500 is a fair price.

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
I have for sale a swing axle gearbox with LSD, it came out of a 1967 1500cc Beetle although the box code suggests that its from a 1200.
A well respected VW Engineer suggested that its worth £750 so i reckon that £500 is a fair price.
where are you and how many miles on the box

·
Registered
5,077 Posts
is it a proper aftermarket LSD or a trekker LSD?

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
THE CODE ON BOX IS AD, I'VE CHECKED ON SEVERAL SITES AND THIS CODE SAYS LSD, I'VE JUST TAKEN THE BOX OUT OF A 1967 1500 BUG THINKING IT WAS A 1500 BOX BUT THE AD CODE SAYS 1200CC LSD A KNOWLEDGABLE PAL SAYS ZF LSD THATS ALL I CAN SAY, I HAVE NOT LOOKED INSIDE JUST ASSUMING THAT IT IS WHAT SHOULD BE, THE MILAGE ON THE CAR SAID 87K , FROM WHAT I'VE READ AND BEEN TOLD ZF LSD ARE SUPPOSED TO BE PRETTY GOOD.

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
THE CODE ON BOX IS AD, I'VE CHECKED ON SEVERAL SITES AND THIS CODE SAYS LSD, I'VE JUST TAKEN THE BOX OUT OF A 1967 1500 BUG THINKING IT WAS A 1500 BOX BUT THE AD CODE SAYS 1200CC LSD A KNOWLEDGABLE PAL SAYS ZF LSD THATS ALL I CAN SAY, I HAVE NOT LOOKED INSIDE JUST ASSUMING THAT IT IS WHAT SHOULD BE, THE MILAGE ON THE CAR SAID 87K , FROM WHAT I'VE READ AND BEEN TOLD ZF LSD ARE SUPPOSED TO BE PRETTY GOOD.
where are you based

·
Registered
11,621 Posts
I am afraid the codes often don't relate to the presence of an LSD...I beleive it donotes an option available. Mind you it's kind of like hunting pearls in oysters! You may be lucky, but I wouldnt buy a box for it's LSD code, without knowing for sure it was an LSD.

I am trying to think how you could test, but I am sure someone else maybe alble to advise better.

·
Registered
4,698 Posts
fuck a duck!! ive been looking for one of these (i recently cracked my one!)
guess im looking for a gearbox welder if thats how much they are going for!!
bugger!!!

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
ANYONE WHOS SERIOUSLY INTERESTED IS WELCOME TO COME AND HAVE A LOOK. ITS IN STOKE AND IM OPEN 2 OFFERS.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts