Volkszone Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
10,752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...here am I in the middle of a rediculous family rift, listening to all sorts of rubbish from my sister etc.

I have just made a man - who had major and extensive abdominal surgery to remove multiple tumours from his abdomen thus preventing him from bending down at all - exceedingly happy.

How? A simple act. I tied his shoelaces for him when everyone else just ignored his shuffling about on two sticks.

I think some people could do with working in my line of employment to make them realise there are more important things in life than the petty opinions they seem to be standing up to these days (meaning a certain member of my family) :(

Sorry if this sounds preachy or whatever. Not looking for a reaction, but this place is good to vent your worries etc on most of the time. I was just knocked back and had to talk about it.

:group:

As you were.

·
Saddest VZi'er 2016
11,485 Posts
Agreed.

Even the most simplist things can make people happy and it's a shame not everyone realises that.

·
Registered
6,374 Posts
Good on ya girl :hug:

·
Registered
6,958 Posts
Did you ever think it was because he could see down your top when you bent down?
:D

(I still think what you did was lovely. ) :hug:

·
Registered
10,752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
fuchs lee said:
Did you ever think it was because he could see down your top when you bent down?
:D

(I still think what you did was lovely. ) :hug:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :crazy:

It just made such a huge difference to my day...there was I battling with my emotions and just did a simple thing, and the smile and thanks I got just healed me if you get what I mean?

Kackers...you are SO right hun and that's why I try to have a smile on my fizzog as much as possible :D :hug:

·
Registered
10,752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Brian Burrows said:
I concur ;)

PERSPECTIVE is good :)
Exactly! Everything just fell into place...I feel enlightened and lighter of mind and heart :D

·
Registered
12,492 Posts
Now that is good work Jennybugs, well done you...

agreed, sometimes simple things in life are worth it.... :group:

·
Banned
18,444 Posts
Thinks like this make YOU and others feel wanted and happy

Good on ya :hug:

Another example for you

Going down the road sunday arvo on my bike, sees an old man with a walking stick fall into the road :eek: i go round him and block the on coming trafic. The cars were beeping and peple shouting but no one got out and helped.A pedestrian helped him to his feet. WTFwas that about the motorists were shaking there head's at me as i drove off

·
Registered
10,752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
DRUNKENBUM said:
Thinks like this make YOU and others feel wanted and happy

Good on ya :hug:

Another example for you

Going down the road sunday arvo on my bike, sees an old man with a walking stick fall into the road :eek: i go round him and block the on coming trafic. The cars were beeping and peple shouting but no one got out and helped.A pedestrian helped him to his feet. WTFwas that about the motorists were shaking there head's at me as i drove off
Makes you sick and angry, doesn't it? :mad:

·
Registered
8,961 Posts
People forget the little things too easily!
The smallest little things can make someone so happy at just the right time, you're right people are too wrapped up in themselves they forget other people.

·
Registered
2,516 Posts
A sad sign of our times when people forget the simple things in life, I for one am guilty at times. You sound a fantastic person Jenny, you really do. :hug:

·
Registered
14,904 Posts
jennybugs said:
...here am I in the middle of a rediculous family rift, listening to all sorts of rubbish from my sister etc.

I have just made a man - who had major and extensive abdominal surgery to remove multiple tumours from his abdomen thus preventing him from bending down at all - exceedingly happy.

How? A simple act. I tied his shoelaces for him when everyone else just ignored his shuffling about on two sticks.

I think some people could do with working in my line of employment to make them realise there are more important things in life than the petty opinions they seem to be standing up to these days (meaning a certain member of my family) :(

Sorry if this sounds preachy or whatever. Not looking for a reaction, but this place is good to vent your worries etc on most of the time. I was just knocked back and had to talk about it.

:group:

As you were.
Its nurses like you that make patients heal alot better, well done :cool:

Since i gave up smoking (not just normal ciggies) nearly a month ago i have become less tolerant of fools and more aware of my friends so i agree perspective is good as it makes you value what is really important in life :hug:

Keep up the good work :cool:

·
faster than the human eye
2,242 Posts
Tyzer said:
Agreed.

Even the most simplist things can make people happy and it's a shame not everyone realises that.
again you are right tyzer, and mandy makes me very happy lol

·
Registered
10,752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
:eek: I just happen to be extremely lucky to be in a job I absolutely love, making cool things, meeting people that are, in essence, so strong in character that it's made me re-evaluate my priorities in life and inspires me every day :)

God that sounds so syrupy :incheek: True tho :D

·
Registered
142 Posts
:hug: Good on ya Jenny, I walk away from people who make my blood boil (mainly selfish people). Noone can say they havent been selfish in their time but sometimes somethings cannot be ignored and the people who ignore these types of things make me sad :(

1 - 19 of 19 Posts