Volkszone Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
2,739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Our Wheelie bins get empty'd once a fortnight. I've just got home from work to see the bloody bins covered with maggots. Any ideas how to kill the little shits? :mad:

·
Registered
302 Posts
wash it out then make sure that the lid is closed. We had loads after the bin men missed our bin for a week. Stupid that they don't collect every week!

Try to stop flies landing on food before you put it in the bin. Dog/cat food is the worst offender as they can get to it easily. Make sure you put your rubbish in sealed bags.

·
Banned
12,512 Posts
My 'food waste' bin was seething with maggots. It's bloody ridiculas, I'm not allowed to use bags and it's filthy! I don't have an outside tap and NO WAY is that coming into the house.

Can someone patent some form of biodegradeable bag to line the bin? SOON!!

·
Help! I'm trapped in here
19,338 Posts
girlofleisure said:
My 'food waste' bin was seething with maggots. It's bloody ridiculas, I'm not allowed to use bags and it's filthy! I don't have an outside tap and NO WAY is that coming into the house.

Can someone patent some form of biodegradeable bag to line the bin? SOON!!
Don't you put it in the little bio bags first?

·
Help! I'm trapped in here
19,338 Posts
girlofleisure said:
WOAH THERE MISSY!! Are you trying to tell me these wonderous items actually exist?!! :tick:
U-huh! :) Well I assume you have the little brown bin to put food in like Steve's parents have to do? I'm pretty sure you should have got some little biodegradable bags to line the little brown bin with - when it's full you tie the bag up and put it in the other bin :) I don't think they have any trouble with maggots/flies etc.

·
Banned
12,512 Posts
Shamrockez said:
U-huh! :) Well I assume you have the little brown bin to put food in like Steve's parents have to do? I'm pretty sure you should have got some little biodegradable bags to line the little brown bin with - when it's full you tie the bag up and put it in the other bin :) I don't think they have any trouble with maggots/flies etc.
....and where can one purchase a 'Biobag'? I need them in my life!!

·
Registered
2,739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
The bins will get emptyd on Wednesday morning, And they are full now. Looks like i'm just gonna have to bleach the hell out of a full bin....Cheers guyz

·
Registered
982 Posts
girlofleisure said:
I won't buy from Kleeneze in priciple. 1, Stupid name. 2, Bloody catalogues all over my doorstep. 3, Pointless products like egg seperaters (WTF?!!)
lol @egg seperaters, i had one though door other day read it to see if it had changed from years ago when i use to cut them up as a kid then my mum went mad because you had to leave then out for the person to collect. Nothing has changed still the same old plastic crap

·
Registered
3,115 Posts
Had the same problem a few weeks back this is what we've done after trying Bleach, Disinfectant etc to kill them we tried Fly spray and it worked :) so after we had killed them and the bin was emptied we jet washed it out and put the Jeyes fluid Dustbin powder in and then a big Bin liner and everything that goes in our bin now is sealed in Carrier bags or Bin bags too and up to now we have been Maggot free ;) :hangloose

1 - 20 of 35 Posts