Volkszone Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I have a pair of TP inlet manifolds with the following numbers..

113 129 709 (J ?) & 113 129 710 E

They seem to fit a standard 1600 head but I have a feeling they may have once been on a 1300, would this make any difference ?
Ultimately they may go on a 1776 build.

Anyone with superior knowledge out there ?

Cheers

James

·
Premium Member
8,816 Posts
The end castings are slightly different on 1300 & 1600 manifolds, the 1600 has a slightly bigger bore in the centre section, and the ends are machined to suit. For a 1776, I'd try to get the complete 1600 manifold, (or go twin carb).

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys.

Anyone know the correct bore diameter (carb end, since head end they look to match OK) for the 1600cc intakes ? Or even the correct part numbers.

Cheers

james

·
Premium Member
8,816 Posts
james_stan said:
Thanks guys.

Anyone know the correct bore diameter (carb end, since head end they look to match OK) for the 1600cc intakes ? Or even the correct part numbers.

Cheers

james
I don't have access to Part numbers right now, but I can tell you that a 1600 carb won't fit on a 1300 manifold, the mounting studs are further apart on the 1600. Don't know the measurements, just know they don't fit :D
The Head ends of both 1600 & 1300 T/P manifolds are all the same.

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
OK Thanks, sorry to be a nuisance but if I'm fitting a Weber 32/36 which has its own manifold from the carb as far as the rubber boots, I guess I just need to know if the cast end pieces I have are any good.

As I say they 'look' ok I just think they may be slightly diffferent cross section at the boot join intersection.

Apologies again for elongated thread..

·
Registered
2,429 Posts
The cast ends will have a smaller bore where the centre-section fits in. You'd have to trial fit the weber manifold to see if it might just work.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts