Volkszone Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4,652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Mark One Golf forsale

Golf 1983, 1.1, Black, 12 months MOT, bit scruffy, needs some cosmetic TLC, no tax

Went to pick it up from MOT station and it broke down on way home, think it just had a dodgy fuel gauge and just ran out of fuel but got offered a bug in the mean time so want rid ASAP

Just spent £400 on engine service and parts

P-Slots and BRAND NEW tyres

£650 as is

Doncaster

·
Registered
4,652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
DubLass said:
Im guessing its a 4 speed?
How many miles?
Any history with it?
What was on the advisory note?!

Yes is 4 gear
just under 72000 miles
Don't think there was any history, only what info is on log book (eg 6 previous owners)
no advisory note

·
Registered
3,023 Posts
it flew through the mot, as it did the year before. it has NEVER been welded and doesn't need any (not structurally, if you want to be picky it could do with the holes in the boot door where the badges came off, and a small repair to the lower most part of the drivers front wing.)

also lowered 40mm gti springs, new locking fuel cap, brand new front bumper, clear indicator lenses, smoked rear lights, gti doors with internally adjustable wing mirrors, door cards/parcel shelf never been cut for speakers, tyres are 185/55 r14's with less than 15 miles on them

bad stuff, bottom of doors getting scruffy, some thoughtfull prick smashed the passenger side wing mirror, fell small tears in headliner, don't think rear wiper is working, paint in general scruffy and has stone chips, small dings here and there

price is £650. don't waste your time or mine if you have less.

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
rob its craig mate you wouldnt happen to have a mk1 gearbox to inner wing mount kickin about.? or any other nice mk1 parts or performance mk2 :D

·
Registered
3,023 Posts
mygod. said:
rob its craig mate you wouldnt happen to have a mk1 gearbox to inner wing mount kickin about.? or any other nice mk1 parts or performance mk2 :D
ain't it always the same. scrap a pair of mk1's as nobody needs them and then once they're gone everyone needs bits :( no engine mount sorry dude. however i do have some very nice mk1 us spec stainless wheel arch trims. want the £40 back that i paid for them but buyer of this^car will have first refusal.

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
cheers mate second dibs on the arches then, good luck with the sale. think different as mk2 bolts to the cars subframe. mk1 to inner wing, carnt remember what it looked like as took both cars apart to bare shells in one nite with a mate and a fast air ratchet kind of a blur. then had the lads tidy the unit up 4 me not me best idea and there it was gone.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts