Volkszone Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys

Im pretty new to all of this so sorry if its a common/noob question! :crazy:

It my first winter with my bug, and the weatehr really settling in.....bloody freezing at that!!! :eek:

IT SEEMS......since the cold weather my bug keeps cutting out whilst driving it. ive just driven form my house to me folks (approx 3 miles) and it cut out 6 times! He starts straight away, but soon as i slow down for a junction or roundabout etc, he just cuts out....

was wondering if i may need a new battery?? choke needs to be adjusted??? or will it be like this as its an old car!!!

(by the way, ive got 3/4 tank of petrol so it cant be that!)

Any advice would be great!

Cheers!

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
Mine does this too but only for the first couple of minutes after a cold start. I asked a similar question last week and was advised to check the carb, give it a clean and check the auto choke.

Are your plugs sooty? Mines running a bit rich and does an odd combo of flooding and starving itself from time to time :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,928 Posts
Check for carb freezing also. When it does it check just below the carb where it attatches to the manifold, if it feels frozen then you can buy a little warm jacket to go round this bit.

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
sorry to be a real noob.....wheres the carb!??? im slowly getting to grips with me engine, slowly being the key word! and ive recently moved and my haines manual is still packed....somewhere!

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Moby5153 said:
Fix that flap and cable on your airfilter (other thread) and all will be well, probably.
cheers mate

im gona get on wiht it today hopefully, was wodnering if you have a pic of what the cable/spring actualy looks like so i have something 2 aim for??

thanks again man!

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Mr.Whippy said:
A really good book to kick off with -

http://www.vwbooks.co.uk/catalogue/covers/vwb519.htm

Ask for it as an early Christmas prezzie -

Well worth it, you'll soon know what's what with your beetle.

Dave.
cheers! I do hav ea haynes manual.....somewhere! in the middle of moving from house 2 house at the mo......but im tempted to just buy another one because it could be anywhere haha!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts