Volkszone Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
25,882 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have never seen a mexican taxi at any of the shows. there must be some. the only one i have seen is at the museum in wolfsburg. is there anybody out there??

·
Registered
3,125 Posts
Just got back from Mexico and they all used Nissans so there's your answer:lol:

·
Help! I'm trapped in here
9,052 Posts
theres a few green and whites ones about....

seen them at shows but i dont think tits anyone on here :)

Taxis rock ;)

·
9,052 Posts
if anyone does have one care for a photo with me an unhinged sometmie next year? :D

·
Retired Mr.Vzi
23,640 Posts
Depends where ya go. Acapulco and Mexico city are still beetle taxis. Puerto Vallarta and Cancun etc aren't.
:)

·
Bless you, motherfuckers
25,652 Posts
There are 2 types of taxis in Mexico... normal taxis and tourist taxis, the tourist ones tend to be larger US or Jap cars that are stood at ranks, more expensive but more comfortable and you are less likely to be robbed or murdered and the normal ones are the white and green ones that you hail, are cheaper and you run the risk of all sorts. We were told never to get in one without number plates or a license in the window... the plates meant the driver was licensed and insured, the license in the window meant that they weren't properly licensed yet but it was 'in the post'... unfortunately the only one we found out in the suburbs had neither plates or a license in the window :lol:

There was a Beetle done up like a Mexican taxi at a few shows this year... I'd check Julian Robinson's show pics to have a look...

·
9,052 Posts
yeah i saw it parked up at big bang and at v-dubbin it...:D

·
Registered
25,882 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
noooooooooooo. in that film Man On Fire they are everywhere.

·
Registered
25,882 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
if i did wedding hire beetles i'd take out the passenger seat to fit the bride in better just like the taxis do. :D

·
Premium Member
4,754 Posts
Heard someware that out in Mexico 2 door cabs were banned a couple of years ago(4 doors only).
End of beetles being usedas cabs.
Dont know weather this is true or not,never been myself:)

·
Bless you, motherfuckers
25,652 Posts
Thats one reason, the other is that Mexico City is banning all cars older than 10 years old by 2012, for environmental reasons according to the news feeds... as the last Beetle rolled off the production line in 2003, they will all be over 10 years old then, most are well over 10 years old already.

The feeds say that Mexico City has 100,000 taxis, 80,000 of which are Beetles. The local government are offering taxi drivers something like $1500 each to scrap their Beetles :eek: By all accounts most are taking the money, but some say they will drive them until 2012 and then sell them privately as the Beetles will still sell for $2500 when over 10 years old.

Better get your wallets out now if you fancy a genuine Mexican Beetle taxi!

·
Registered
4,074 Posts
How funny, just been watching Street wars on SKY 3 and a they arrested a man in Mexico as a green and white beetle taxi drove past in the background haha :lol:

·
Registered
25,882 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
only picture i have is on my other poota.

·
Registered
25,882 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

1 - 20 of 20 Posts