Volkszone Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Wannabe Chat Slut
974 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need a quick answer really, I just checked the girlfriends 55 reg Cooper s oil level & theres barely any oil touching the dipstick:eek:
I really need to top it up before the morning so it looks like i'll have to go to the shell petrol station, what oil should I get?
We can't get to a BMW dealer tommoz & she needs the car in the mornin?
Thanks

·
Wannabe Chat Slut
974 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Just being a cunt :lol: ignore me!

Read The Fucking Manual :D

(i used to work in a dealership service dept)
've read the manual but it don't give me a proper answer just says bmw blah blah. I do beleive its either 5w/30 or 0w/30.
Thanks

·
Registered
440 Posts
Just checked my wife's Cooper S handbook and that gives a list of BMW branded oils to use or ACEA A3 grade as an alternative. Can't say I've ever heard of this grade as the ones I've always bought for VW's etc are an SAE grade.

Try your local motor factor in the morning for this ACEA type otherwise you've got about thirty miles of motoring after the dash warning light comes on to get to your nearest Mini dealer.

·
Registered
4,548 Posts
The Cooper S takes the same oil as a Cooper, i'm fairly sure its 5w/30 synthetic (Castrol), our S hasn't used any oil in nearly 4k (since we got it) its unusual for the supercharged S to use oil TBH :)

Also I found its cheaper to buy oil from the stealers than it is from Halfords! :eek:

·
Registered
10,587 Posts
Google told me that too.

Not having a pop, Kafer.... just saying. Not exactly hard to find a quick answer, was it :)
Wonderful thing this 'internets' :D

I am hoping to achieve the status of 'Google Oracle' sometime soon, I believe that its awarded by Nic B-C himself! :lol:

·
In Mortal Danger.
18,900 Posts
I've never checked mine :eek:

Lets see your cars!!!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts