Volkszone Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
14,296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know much about this ?

My boy (4) is good at reading and writing for his age, but just occasionally will write a word perfectly, but as an absolute mirror image

All I can find refers to left handedness, but he's right handed

Its not an issue - I'm just curious about it

·
ready for the off....
36,584 Posts
Move him out of the bathroom and into an office! ;)

WOW ;) I cant imagine any serious repercussion other than him having to relook to ABBA for musical enjoyment :)

I havent heard of that before - Seriously - and I am off to google to see what that may explain.

·
Banned
12,512 Posts
CheekyMonkey said:

looks like most common in left handers then, but not that unusual in right

It was just really interesting
The way I see it is that kids of that age have no idea of what's 'normal', they do what comes naturally to them....then we train them to conform. Strange really.

·
Help! I'm trapped in here
16,449 Posts
my niece does this, not so much now that's she's older. She is left handed with some things and writes right handed. she's also slightly dyslexic but copes with this too.
don't do what I did and tell her it's because of the devil! freaked her out big time, my sister didn't speak to me for ages because of it...

·
Registered
78,035 Posts
CheekyMonkey said:

looks like most common in left handers then, but not that unusual in right

It was just really interesting
There's nothing to worry about. My wife is a primary teacher and finds most kids do it to a greater or lesser extent.

& both mine did/do it.

·
Registered
27,004 Posts
My Sam (eldest) used to write mirror-style all thru infant school, he's also left handed.

Its really artistic :)

·
Registered
78,035 Posts
girlofleisure said:
The way I see it is that kids of that age have no idea of what's 'normal', they do what comes naturally to them....then we train them to conform. Strange really.
that's only a small part of development... if a lot of things weren't innate it would take a 1000 years to learn anything... kids aren't empty vessels waiting to be filled

1 - 11 of 11 Posts