Volkszone Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As I decelerate and stop, the revs drop temorarily to around 500 and then come straight back up to around 950. Its giving me the right hump. Anyone know what it is? The idle also isn't as smooth as I think it could be. The car runs great apart from that.

Cheers

·
Registered
325 Posts
Sounds like you might have a small vacuum leak somewhere, try 'wiggling' all the small hoses to see if one affects the way it runs.
if you are sure there are no leaks, try cleaning the insides of the throttle body. A build up of crud in there will reduce airflow at idle which means the ISV gets a hard time and eventually struggles to cope. Other option is to adjust Idle air screw, to allow more air through - it's a brass screw on throttle body, turn anticlockwise to increase.

·
Registered
826 Posts
Replacing the ISV sorted my old Mk 2 GTi out. Were out of stock for ages but pretty sure they have been remanufactured now and very easy to swap over.

·
Registered
3,609 Posts
Yeah, if it turns out to be the ISV, then there is a thread on club gti on how to strip and clean them. Much cheaper than getting a new one.

·
Registered
722 Posts
I used to take the ISV off every now and then and spray carb cleaner into it- not a long term solution, but it usually helps

1 - 6 of 6 Posts