Volkszone Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After breaking down yesterday (total loss of power and unable to start thereafter), i have replaced the fuel pump relay, checked the power to it, the coil, spark and everything else is good.

When i turn on the ignition, the sender unit is not priming with a burst of fuel. I can normally hear it whirr as i get in the car but it doesnt seem to do anything now. I hotwired the pump independantly and that works perfectly....:confused:

Is the sender known to just fail all of a sudden? And if not, any suggestions?

Help would be massively appreciated, need to get it working ASAP!

cheers :p

·
Registered
4,109 Posts
You dont say that you have checked the fuses either, It may have power to the relay but a fuse still might have blown or may be corroded.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
should have mentioned, fuses are all fine, and i am getting a single reading of 10-12 volts from one of the sender wires but nothing from any others. Im not sure which wire is which either....

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
bump...

I have checked the pump and sender alone and both work fine. The sender will not prime though when i turn on the ignition and will only run when i hold the relay gate closed. Even when holding the gate closed and turning her over, she wont start.

This is killing me! and i need the bugger to start for the weekend. Any help would be HUGELY appreciated!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts