Year:2004
Make:Volkswagen
Model:Golf
Mileage:174000 M
Transmission:Manual
Engine:N/A
Trim:N/A
The time has come to sell our beloved Golf.

Basics:

MK4
5 door hatch
Indigo Blue Metallic
1 previous owner, we bought from original owner so we are the second owner
6 speed manual
130bhp TDI (ASZ)

The good:

We've owned the car 8 years
Only quality parts fitted during repair and maintenance
All electric windows and door locks work from remotes
Original stereo fitted with CD plater
Both keys present
No water or oil leaks
Timing belt, tensioner and water pump changed at 146k with receipts
4 Michelin Cross Climate tyres, only a few thousand miles on them, almost new
Original, matching, supplying dealer number plates front and rear - i.e never been in a crash
Just had rear discs and pads
Recent in-tank fuel pump replacement
Recent BOSCH battery
Recent strut top mount bushes
Inner steering tie rod ends
Lemfoeder ball joints
Recent power steering pump
Steers and stops dead strait
Engine is fantastic
Recent rear brake pipe replaced
No warning lights
Recent alignment
Replacement new front wings as originals had rust blisters under the anti-rattle pads
MOT due 30th July - reg is DG04WWT if you want to check the MOT history - nothing to hide

The bad:

A/C does not work as needs a re-gas. Las re-gas lasted about 18 months, so must have a tiny leak
Passenger side sills dented front and rear due to incorrect jacking as shown in pics
Rust past at the end of the passenger sill as shown - could use a small patch but given the ents, really wants a new sill which was going to be my next job
Driver's seat bolster has worn through to the foam like most of them over 100k miles.

The UGLY:

The power steering rack decided to start leaking heavily from the end of the passenger side bellows, indicating the inner end seal has gone. I'm told this is not a serviceable item and needs replacing with either one from a breaker or a recon unit. I've done 90% of the work on the car myself, however this is needs the subrame dropping for good access and Ive simply run out of time, will and enthusiasm to do it, despite all the recent spend so am calling time on keeping the old girl going - time to let someone take it on as a decent solid running, MOT'd project who has the inclination and desire to fix it.

Other than the leak which appeared on Monday, the car has ferried my wife and children round happily for 8 years and has attended loads of VW shows as our pet car, but I just don't want to roll around on my back anymore.

I can fill the PAS fluid reservoir and it will run and drive perfectly until the fluid has all drained out the end of the rack and then the pump will get noisy so yes the car can be driven, but I'd not advise it as it will loose all the fluid quickly and risk damaging the power steering pump. An option might be to remove the belt and drive it without power assistance until fixed, but that would be your call, not my recommendation.

Pictures show it as it stands tonight, warts and all.

Such a shame, but is a genuine, honest car that will be a great ride for someone willing to get dirty. Book time for the rack is 3.4 hours if you're interested.

It's £500 firm and thanks for looking.

Location, Wirral.